SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 28, 2022, 09:04 AM

Default Help On Make This Headline Stronger!

Pros,

I would like a suggestion from you. I am looking to test ADS on Facebook that they are SUPER-timely, and include the SUPER-timely situations like events on the Country, dates, etc, at the headline. So basically the most SUPER-timely I can get, the better.

PRODUCT: Educational Toy of Wood – a monkey figure as a magnetic labyrinth with a pen and little magnetic balls;
MARKET: Grandmothers (they are better buyers than moms);
TIMELY EVENTS: In this weekend we have prime-minister elections; Hard times due pandemic; ending January/starting February;

I am trying to make it stronger this headline, and would like your opinions (forgive my grammatical errors in English. The original headline will be in Portuguese):

(UPDATE: this version was rejected from Facebook. No "election" word. No Politics allowed: )

ATTENTION GRANDMOTHERS: On This Important Election Weekend 29th And 30th Which Is Now Taking Place Make Your Equally Important Decision To Start Take Off Your Grandchildren Off The Screens In February!

This is the new "clean" version:

ATTENTION GRANDMOTHERS: In This Important Weekend 29th And 30th That Is Running Now Also Make Your Decision Now To Start in February to Take Off Your Grandchildren From The Screens!

Thanks.

MikePT

Last edited by MikePT : January 28, 2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old January 30, 2022, 01:28 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default "Piggybacking" on Portgual election publicity...

Hi Mike,

This reply is probably too late to be useful to you... I would have liked to have written this yesterday, but my day was so full and I was exhausted by the end of it! So I didn't have the chance...

As you describe it, it is a dilemma...

You want to "tap into" the interest in the election in Portugal with a Facebook ad...

But Facebook prohibits "political" ads!

Also, it is probably not a person "looking" at the ads, but a (relatively dumb) computer algorithm... So if Facebook's algorithm sees any word that looks political, it will kill the ad.

The only way I could see to "solve" the problem is to take another issue related to the election...

I read that in Portugal, many politicians were bringing their pets into the election! So, a possible solution would be to talk about pets, and relate it to your monkey toy that way!

Here's an article about that I found...

https://sicnoticias-pt.translate.goo..._x_tr_hl=en-GB

Here's the original (in Portuguese)...

https://sicnoticias.pt/eleicoes-legi...o-a-respostas/

I'm not there, so it's hard to judge if this would have worked!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Pros,

I would like a suggestion from you. I am looking to test ADS on Facebook that they are SUPER-timely, and include the SUPER-timely situations like events on the Country, dates, etc, at the headline. So basically the most SUPER-timely I can get, the better.

PRODUCT: Educational Toy of Wood – a monkey figure as a magnetic labyrinth with a pen and little magnetic balls;
MARKET: Grandmothers (they are better buyers than moms);
TIMELY EVENTS: In this weekend we have prime-minister elections; Hard times due pandemic; ending January/starting February;

I am trying to make it stronger this headline, and would like your opinions (forgive my grammatical errors in English. The original headline will be in Portuguese):

(UPDATE: this version was rejected from Facebook. No "election" word. No Politics allowed: )

ATTENTION GRANDMOTHERS: On This Important Election Weekend 29th And 30th Which Is Now Taking Place Make Your Equally Important Decision To Start Take Off Your Grandchildren Off The Screens In February!

This is the new "clean" version:

ATTENTION GRANDMOTHERS: In This Important Weekend 29th And 30th That Is Running Now Also Make Your Decision Now To Start in February to Take Off Your Grandchildren From The Screens!

Thanks.

MikePT
Old January 30, 2022, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Help On Make This Headline Stronger!

Hi Dien!

Brilliant idea of yours! That is a great idea to piggybacking.

Yes it was for sure some computer algorithm from Facebook, because the AD was immediately rejected.

However, I am running already the headline before , AND I have good news: I'm noticing more leads with this timely headline I used!

I've made also at the same time some modifications on the target market. BUT I believe it is really the timely headline that is making the big difference.

This inspired me on starting being more timely on my ADS.

And the fantastic thing on Facebook is that we can create an AD Today and on same day the AD starts running.

I read on Dan Kennedy book "THE ULTIMATE MARKETING PLAN" that when Bill Gates came under attack by the government one of his clients piggybacking on this trend an the response went up nearly 50%! That is inspiring.

Far as I know the most local, timely and personalized an AD, the better.

Thanks for your reply Dien, and sharing your idea, it was really good.

MikePT