SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 30, 2016, 10:46 PM
SteveSki

Default What's Your New Years Resolution?

Did you write out a plan for 2017?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDitS_Zq7ZP/

Do you have a New Years resoltion?

If not... here's a good one...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/we...work.html?_r=1

Cheers,
http://SteveSki.123Look.com
Old January 4, 2017, 04:56 AM
garypope

Default Re: What's Your New Years Resolution?

They are the new “tanning booths” of today. Millennial find them soothing.
Old January 5, 2017, 02:58 AM
vennlepe

No New Year's resolution this time, I'm just going to do positive things this 2017.
Old June 14, 2017, 06:06 PM
vennlepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
Did you write out a plan for 2017?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDitS_Zq7ZP/

Do you have a New Years resoltion?

If not... here's a good one...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/we...work.html?_r=1

Cheers,
http://SteveSki.123Look.com

Oh i just saw the link you attached...
I love this one : Work. Walk 5 Minutes. Work. and I think I need that 5 minutes walk interval haha.
Old June 15, 2017, 02:31 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Walking regularly is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennlepe View Post
Oh i just saw the link you attached...
I love this one : Work. Walk 5 Minutes. Work. and I think I need that 5 minutes walk interval haha.
Hi,

I make sure to walk regularly now... It's good (and easy to do) exercise...

Every smartphone pretty much has a pedometer built in, which will count your steps. You can download apps to use it... That's what I use...

I'm counting my steps all throughout the day, and I try to reach at least 6000 to 7000 steps per day.

What I find is that, if I have a day with very few steps, I actually feel pretty crappy. Making sure I do the steps makes me feel better (and I'm healthier as a result)...!

I am generally monitoring my steps during the day... If I haven't done much walking yet, I'll figure out a way to do some walking. If I need to do any supermarket shopping, I might do that - which will increase my steps. If I'm going somewhere, I might not park super close by, but a little further away, so I get more walking in. I might find a nice place to wander around during a break, like a nice park, or an interesting area with stores and restaurants, which will also increase my steps!

Bad weather can sometimes be a problem... Shopping malls and supermarkets are some places you can get some walking done, protected from the weather. I also recently joined a gym (after much "persuasion" by my wife), so far I've mostly used the treadmill (though I plan to explore the rest of the equipment in good time)...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old June 15, 2017, 06:30 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Walking regularly is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi,

I make sure to walk regularly now... It's good (and easy to do) exercise...

Every smartphone pretty much has a pedometer built in, which will count your steps. You can download apps to use it... That's what I use...

I'm counting my steps all throughout the day, and I try to reach at least 6000 to 7000 steps per day.

What I find is that, if I have a day with very few steps, I actually feel pretty crappy. Making sure I do the steps makes me feel better (and I'm healthier as a result)...!

I am generally monitoring my steps during the day... If I haven't done much walking yet, I'll figure out a way to do some walking. If I need to do any supermarket shopping, I might do that - which will increase my steps. If I'm going somewhere, I might not park super close by, but a little further away, so I get more walking in. I might find a nice place to wander around during a break, like a nice park, or an interesting area with stores and restaurants, which will also increase my steps!

Bad weather can sometimes be a problem... Shopping malls and supermarkets are some places you can get some walking done, protected from the weather. I also recently joined a gym (after much "persuasion" by my wife), so far I've mostly used the treadmill (though I plan to explore the rest of the equipment in good time)...

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien,

If I remember correctly you are in Sydney. Why don't you go over to the Dulwich Hill Anglican church and ask for Father Dave. Tell him Tom sent you and you want to get in shape. And, while there, ask him about Binacrombie and the activities he holds at the camp. You will be so fit we won't recognize you. He is an active IMer plus a world wide known entity. I bet you two would become great friends that day.
Old June 19, 2017, 02:17 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Walking regularly is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Dien,

If I remember correctly you are in Sydney. Why don't you go over to the Dulwich Hill Anglican church and ask for Father Dave. Tell him Tom sent you and you want to get in shape. And, while there, ask him about Binacrombie and the activities he holds at the camp. You will be so fit we won't recognize you. He is an active IMer plus a world wide known entity. I bet you two would become great friends that day.
Hi Tom,

I used to live in Sydney, but moved to Melbourne a while ago...

However, I looked up Father Dave online. It looks like he's doing great work! Maybe next time I make it to Sydney I'll try to see if I can find him...

(One of my brothers lives there...)

Best wishes,

Dien