SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 13, 2020, 03:40 PM

Lightbulb Looking for help with this challenge...

Hello Sirs Gordon, Dien & the SOWPub Family

Maybe you can help in resolving this?

Some friends and I plan a series of online promotions to help raise money for charitable causes*

(Causes like rehabilitating repentant ex-convicts, helping kids with autism/special needs, etc)

We want to collaborate with relevant email list brokers on a mutually beneficial basis (i.e based on performance). Specifically list brokers with email lists of charity donors.

How would you suggest we go about it? Who will you recommend we connect with?

I would greatly appreciate your pointing us in the right direction

Thank you
Old October 13, 2020, 07:05 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A couple of questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Hello Sirs Gordon, Dien & the SOWPub Family

Maybe you can help in resolving this?

Some friends and I plan a series of online promotions to help raise money for charitable causes*

(Causes like rehabilitating repentant ex-convicts, helping kids with autism/special needs, etc)

We want to collaborate with relevant email list brokers on a mutually beneficial basis (i.e based on performance). Specifically list brokers with email lists of charity donors.

How would you suggest we go about it? Who will you recommend we connect with?

I would greatly appreciate your pointing us in the right direction

Thank you
Hi unpinkpanther,

To my knowledge, "renting" email lists can be problematic (where you get the emails, then send to the email list). That's due to anti-spam laws...

A couple of questions...

Are you looking for donations, or looking for sales, where proceeds from the sales go to help the charity?

When you say "a mutually beneficial basis (i.e based on performance)", what do you mean more specifically?

If you're selling a product, many people with lists will be open to a profit-sharing type of deal... I imagine that if it involves a (reputable) charity, they would be more open to such a deal than usual... (They would get "branding" benefits by being associated with acts of charity...)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old October 14, 2020, 08:12 AM

Lightbulb Let me explain further...

Hey Dien

Thank you for your response

Let me explain further:

Our ideal focus is to make sales of educational products from which a portion of the revenue is donated to charities who are really making a difference.

You've already touched on what we mean by mutually beneficial: a profit-sharing arrangement, where we collaborate to hit set targets.

The plan is to build long-term relationships so we can all keep supporting worthy causes forever. Yes, "branding" does come in, but that isn't the core focus.

No, "renting" email lists doesn't arise, as each list broker/owner is expected to mail to his list himself.

Hope that helps.

Thank you once again, Dien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi unpinkpanther,
To my knowledge, "renting" email lists can be problematic (where you get the emails, then send to the email list). That's due to anti-spam laws...

A couple of questions...

Are you looking for donations, or looking for sales, where proceeds from the sales go to help the charity?

When you say "a mutually beneficial basis (i.e based on performance)", what do you mean more specifically?

If you're selling a product, many people with lists will be open to a profit-sharing type of deal... I imagine that if it involves a (reputable) charity, they would be more open to such a deal than usual... (They would get "branding" benefits by being associated with acts of charity...)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old October 14, 2020, 07:56 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Here's how I would start...

Quote:
Hey Dien

Thank you for your response

Let me explain further:

Our ideal focus is to make sales of educational products from which a portion of the revenue is donated to charities who are really making a difference.

You've already touched on what we mean by mutually beneficial: a profit-sharing arrangement, where we collaborate to hit set targets.

The plan is to build long-term relationships so we can all keep supporting worthy causes forever. Yes, "branding" does come in, but that isn't the core focus.

No, "renting" email lists doesn't arise, as each list broker/owner is expected to mail to his list himself.

Hope that helps.

Thank you once again, Dien!
Hi unpinkpanther,

Okay, I would then ask you, what kind of educational products are these?

The reason why I ask is because you probably want to match the type of education to the email list, newsletter, website, blog, podcast, etc.

For example, if the products will educate people about how to catch more fish, then you probably want to target fishing-related email lists, newsletters, websites, blogs, podcasts, etc.

The next step is then to:

(1) make a list of the relevant email lists, newsletters, websites, blogs, podcasts, etc., and find out their contact details (whether it be email, phone number, or something else);

(2) decide on what you will offer them (e.g. you promote our product, we split the proceeds 50/50);

(3) then craft the message you will use when contacting them; and

(4) contact them.

Make sure it is a "win/win" offer... So they will win, as well as you...

Also, keep in mind that nowadays, everyone will at first be suspicious, especially if they've never heard of you. So you will need to provide as much proof as possible that you are who you say you are, and that you are doing what you say you're doing...

Also, if you can provide proof of past sales of your product, that would help as well, plus testimonials, proof of your expertise in that area, etc. (Not all are necessary, but the more "proof" you have, the more successful you will probably be...)

You don't need to squash all your "proof" into an email. You can create separate web pages with the details of your proof, which you can then refer to...

Best wishes!

Dien
Old October 14, 2020, 09:03 PM

Lightbulb I'm grateful

Thank you for the tips, Sir Dien

Hope to update y'all on any major progress made.

(I hope that won't interrupt the flow of communication on the forum!)

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi unpinkpanther,

Okay, I would then ask you, what kind of educational products are these?

The reason why I ask is because you probably want to match the type of education to the email list, newsletter, website, blog, podcast, etc.

For example, if the products will educate people about how to catch more fish, then you probably want to target fishing-related email lists, newsletters, websites, blogs, podcasts, etc.

The next step is then to:

(1) make a list of the relevant email lists, newsletters, websites, blogs, podcasts, etc., and find out their contact details (whether it be email, phone number, or something else);

(2) decide on what you will offer them (e.g. you promote our product, we split the proceeds 50/50);

(3) then craft the message you will use when contacting them; and

(4) contact them.

Make sure it is a "win/win" offer... So they will win, as well as you...

Also, keep in mind that nowadays, everyone will at first be suspicious, especially if they've never heard of you. So you will need to provide as much proof as possible that you are who you say you are, and that you are doing what you say you're doing...

Also, if you can provide proof of past sales of your product, that would help as well, plus testimonials, proof of your expertise in that area, etc. (Not all are necessary, but the more "proof" you have, the more successful you will probably be...)

You don't need to squash all your "proof" into an email. You can create separate web pages with the details of your proof, which you can then refer to...

Best wishes!

Dien
Old October 16, 2020, 01:06 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default You're welcome, please keep us updated! :)

Quote:
Thank you for the tips, Sir Dien

Hope to update y'all on any major progress made.

(I hope that won't interrupt the flow of communication on the forum!)

Thanks again!
You're welcome, unpinkpanther!

Please do keep us updated!

Best wishes,

Dien