SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 2, 2010, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Is anyone else researching Google TV?

I'm interested in Google TV. I've done my homework and was wondering if anyone else is seeing the Tsunami like potential. Your thoughts?

Gordon Jay Alexander
Old July 4, 2010, 01:48 AM

Default Are You Referring to this Google TV Ad Wizard-Gordon?

Hi Gordon,

Thanks.

I've been looking at stuff like this WIZARD.

That let's you Order TV ads DIRECT.

Glenn

http://www.google.com/adwords/tvads/demo.html
Old July 5, 2010, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default This will play a part in a bigger picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks.

I've been looking at stuff like this WIZARD.

That let's you Order TV ads DIRECT.

Glenn

http://www.google.com/adwords/tvads/demo.html

Google TV will be the hottest selling device this coming Christmas. NEW TV's by Sony will have Google TV built in.

In Spring of 2011 Google TV will be ready to handle Android APS.

TV will change forever. By Christmas of 2012, Google TV will be a must have product.

INSTEAD of buying ads to run on the network, start to CREATE CONTENT...and be the next Oprah.

When Oprah launches her network, and Google TV gets better understood, there is going to be an incredible opportunity.

Someone with Google TV may be searching for, say, NLP. They would talk to tv and say, "find neural lingusitic programming or NLP"...and the new Google TV will show the CHANNELS.

The CONTENT. Those with ready to go sites will have the top listings, and with TV being the way it is...there will be a whole nuter lebel to this thing.

Gordon Jay Alexander
Old July 6, 2010, 11:52 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Google TV... a good opportunity for many people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Google TV will be the hottest selling device this coming Christmas. NEW TV's by Sony will have Google TV built in.

In Spring of 2011 Google TV will be ready to handle Android APS.

TV will change forever. By Christmas of 2012, Google TV will be a must have product.

INSTEAD of buying ads to run on the network, start to CREATE CONTENT...and be the next Oprah.

When Oprah launches her network, and Google TV gets better understood, there is going to be an incredible opportunity.

Someone with Google TV may be searching for, say, NLP. They would talk to tv and say, "find neural lingusitic programming or NLP"...and the new Google TV will show the CHANNELS.

The CONTENT. Those with ready to go sites will have the top listings, and with TV being the way it is...there will be a whole nuter lebel to this thing.
Hi Gordon,

After your post, I went away and read a bunch of articles on Google TV...

You're right, it sounds like it could be a good opportunity for many people!

It sounds to me like it could eventually displace cable TV and satellite TV in people's living rooms... Why pay, when you get more programs than you can watch for free?

As you point out, it also means if you ever dreamed of having your own TV channel being "beamed" into people's living rooms - this could be your chance!

There will also be a targeted advertising opportunity too, just like there is now with Adsense. If you create your own shows, you may be able to earn ad revenues, like some do now with Youtube.

I'm looking forward to the "Gordon show"... I'm sure it will be no. 1 (Oprah will be no. 2)!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 7, 2010, 12:17 AM
donald22

Default Re: Is anyone else researching Google TV?

Hi...,

Yeah its really amazing... It allows users to find relevant content wherever it resides and promises to make content suited to the user's tastes more discoverable and manageable through personalization features. .... I loved it...