SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 13, 2017, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default Switchwords for everyday miracles.

Cover for my new book, too dark?

GordonJ
Old October 13, 2017, 06:59 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Switchwords for everyday miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

Cover for my new book, too dark?

GordonJ
Hi Gordon,

I feel the "gray on red" at the top and bottom are a little hard to read...

Looking forward to the book, though! I think I'm hooked by the title...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old October 14, 2017, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Best wishes,

Dien

Thanks Dien, I have several versions of the cover, will test more.

I've written about James T. Mangan, the author of THE SECRET TO PERFECT LIVING, the book where I first heard the "switchword" concept. Although, many years prior to this, in golf, the great Ben Hogan talked about simple KEY thoughts, focusing on one word to convey an idea.

Jack Nicklaus perfected this key thought idea, and it is the basis for my golf book, THINK AND REACH PAR, where I teach the four shots of golf and give KEY WORDS for a better game.

In reality, they are SWITCHWORDS, and today, the idea and definitions have been swiped and a quick search at Amazon will show all kinds of so-called switchwords at play.

I like Mangan's original use and definition, it is a way to instantly get to the subconscious mind. We know in hypnosis about trance states and autosuggestion, and in works like SCIENCE OF MIND by Ernest Holmes we see the concept of Universal Mind and it's connection to us via the subconscious.

From a practical metaphysical view, in alliance with Edgar Cayce, there is a way to tap into this collective consciousness, and that is normally done via a trance state and guided instruction.

I like results, even if they are anecdotal, I'm willing (or was) to test and try things out. Maybe it is placebo at work, serendipity or coincidence, but I've had a lot of great results with my use of Switchwords, and I was for a decade true to Mangan's list, but then, I started testing, and my discovery, if we can call it that was:

PERSONALIZED switch words. We can create our own switches from the experiences we've had, this in combination with a study of PSYCHO-CYBERNETICS by Maxwell Maltz, led me to believe we all have these past successes we can modify and call upon for use today.

Take sales. In your case, a Switch might be "comedy". If you were about to enter a sales situation, you could instantly get back to the STATE OF MIND you were in when you had success in selling what you did (you know), but to everyone else, saying the word comedy, wouldn't work.

So my premise is A) the shortest connection one can make between conscious awareness to the sub-conscious vault of stored memories and the collective consciousness that Cayce wrote about, is through a single word.

Milton Erickson, whose critics oft said he didn't really hypnotize people because they weren't in a trance state, shrugged it off and uttered "results", and his were hard to match.

So switchwords have that distraction/focus element to them.

And B) Through personalization and practice, we can connect at anytime by throwing the right switch.

Heck, now you don't need to read the book, HA!

GordonJ

PS. For me, results, and I don't approach it from a scientific perspective, I don't care about empirical or repeatable laws, I say test it out, try it, and if it works for you, then great. Psycho-Cybernetics asks people to visualize past success, and some people have a hard time with visualization, so a more holistic sensory approach suits some better.
Old October 14, 2017, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Default Off the rack and one size fits all solutions.

I've never been a fan of one size fits all.

Also, some of you newer readers may think I'm coming out of left field with this switchwords stuff, but older readers know I've been discussing this stuff for the past 25 years online.

And there are those of you, more business or money making oriented, who think these are small groups of people...well let's look at Facebook, OK?

Colin Theriot has 26,000 members in his Cult of Copy group, about 4 to 5 times as many as any other copywriting group. HUGE group of people interested in copy.

OK then, switchwords? How about the 51.000 members of Kat Miller's
Switchword group. Almost double the highest group of copywriters.

Ah, Gordon said, "Where the head goes, the body follows." A SQ1 tenet.

So a look at blueiris.biz and see what these 50K people buy and this is just one of scores of similar groups.

First law of Halbertesque Marketing: Park your food truck in the middle of a starving crowd.

So many Internet Marketer wannabees struggle to find a niche, and there are thousands of new copywriters competing for table scraps, because they are myopic, most trained that way by their gurus.

Just as millions of people have made the TeleEvangelists rich men and women (they know and cater to their market)...

There are all sorts of niches, within huge markets, and I will say this (so as to close the loop),

They do get rich selling off the rack solutions. At blueiris.biz you'll find long lists of switchwords, including the original ones from Mangan, and others contributed by other gurus and students.

I'm saying, a PERSONALIZED approach, a custom fitted suit, a tailor made solution will serve you better than any off the rack solution you could buy.

And it is so with SWITCHWORDS, yet, I seem to be the only person in the world saying as much and willing to help people find their own.

You newer members may think this strange discussion for a business group of people, but we have always welcomed discussion from outside the biz world, but in truth, even those selling spells, chants, prayers, charms, money trees...all are getting on board the marketing train where your group, cult, pack, tribe, family will spend their time and MONEY with you.

My new Hotsheet is called Cash & Curious. It explores the business of hope, faith, and self fulfillment. email me if interested. [email protected] Put CASH & CURIOUS in the subject header.

GordonJ
Old October 14, 2017, 11:50 AM
kabinsons1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Best wishes,

Dien

Hi Dien,

Thanks for giving such a title, I am also written a book about Michael. This is so good for me that his assistant help me in many field.
Old October 14, 2017, 11:52 AM
kabinsons1

In my everyday miracles switch-words take a beautiful live line.
Old October 14, 2017, 11:54 AM
kabinsons1

Every body knows that the story what written about someone's life it beautifully known for all by the name.
Old October 15, 2017, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default Switchword PHRASES for everyday PERSUASION. Law of Attraction.

Switchwords let you and your subconscious mind come together so you can unify or be on the same page working together. One of the biggest blocks people acquire over their years is a DISCONNECT between their subconscious beliefs and their conscious wants.

IN the SECRET or LAW OF ATTRACTION, there is the use of dream boards, and visual aids to help you see what you want, so you know what to attract.

Although there are millions who swear by LOA, many more millions can't make it work. It comes with a built in reason why it fails (much like the "miracles" sold by the religions) and that reason is:

It is YOU. You lack faith. You don't believe. It is actually the escape clause for all so called self improvement strategies based on LOA, or other "manifestation" techniques.

I like Jim Straw's take, Sure, have faith, but bring along a shovel if you want to move that mountain.

Probably one of the best works on manifestation there is, Jim's "MUSTARD SEEDS" book.

But getting back to everyday persuasion...I'm a follower of Milton Erikson and have been since the mid 60's, my hypnosis teacher was a practicing hypnotherapist named Fran Renner.

So from a self development and manifestation stand point, I have been a student and thought of life as my laboratory. Unless one chooses to be a hermit, or a Walden Ponder for life, other people are going to play huge roles in your life.

People who learn persuasion or salesmanship, or as Dale Carnegie might say, learns How to Win Friends and Influence People, are the ones who tend to be the most self fulfilled too.

Selling technique and stragegy and methods are a minefield of different rabbit holes of HOW TO. I fight those battles on the field of RESULTS.

What works? For me? Today, you could spend thousands of dollars learning NLP or Forbidden Keys, covert techniques, and/or attend the latest Guru's 2k seminar.

Erickson had a basic technique; confuse, replace. STUN-touch-ANCHOR.

Some of you have used my Ice Cream Truck technique, others have your big red nose or scratch off lottery tickets in your pockets.

SWITCHWORD PHRASES are the words, the things you say to your target during the brief time you have opened up their subconscious mind and planted your anchor or suggestion to them.

Switchwords are used for PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Switchword PHRASES are used to persuade other people.

In moving your mountain, or manifesting your dream board, you can start with a small shovel and work toward your goal, and with persistence and OTHER PEOPLE'S leverage, it won't be long until the big CATS show up to level that mountain for you.

What is on your dreamboard and how are you getting other people to help you manifest it?

GordonJ