SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 21, 2020, 01:41 PM

Default Scoopified ... holy (cash?) cow

Was flipping through scoopified ... and noticed they are accepting regular classified ads. Not sure if that's something new. Maybe I never noticed it before.

What struck me is the classified ad form for this little "rag" claims a circulation of 30-35k per quarter. For selling mostly referrals. And it costs $10 to subscribe to the catalog.

This little epiphany has my head swirling with ideas.
Old January 22, 2020, 07:27 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsansi View Post
Was flipping through scoopified ... and noticed they are accepting regular classified ads. Not sure if that's something new. Maybe I never noticed it before.

What struck me is the classified ad form for this little "rag" claims a circulation of 30-35k per quarter. For selling mostly referrals. And it costs $10 to subscribe to the catalog.

This little epiphany has my head swirling with ideas.
Wow, thanks for posting about this!

I think it's amazing (and great) that Scoopified is still around!

According to their page...
  • They only publish in hard-copy
  • They only deliver by physical mail
  • They only accept payment by money orders or checks!
Many businesses like this couldn't survive the birth of the internet... I'm glad they're still here!

On a different (but related) note...

I only just realized that you can read issues of Home Business Magazine here...

https://issuu.com/homebusinessmagazine

I've always found the most interesting thing about such magazines to be the ads!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : January 22, 2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old January 22, 2020, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default #63 with Angelina on the cover arrived last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Wow, thanks for posting about this!

I think it's amazing (and great) that Scoopified is still around!

According to their page...
  • They only publish in hard-copy
  • They only deliver by physical mail
  • They only accept payment by money orders or checks!
Many businesses like this couldn't survive the birth of the internet... I'm glad they're still here!

On a different (but related) note...

I only just realized that you can read issues of Home Business Magazine here...

https://issuu.com/homebusinessmagazine

I've always found the most interesting thing about such magazines to be the ads!

Best wishes,

Dien

I keep threatening to re release my CIRCULAR HOTSHEET, because, there is still a market OUT THERE, for these things...

things being booklets, catalogs, and strange offers in my MAIL BOX. Scoopified sells two types of info, REPORTS AND REFERRALS. MOST of the catalog is of the referral kind, which is a neat biz model. Selling other people's OFFERS.

About half way down the PONY EXPRESS Unclassifed ads is one for the RED NECK AD SHEET, good to get on their list too. That and Shore to Shore, and the many other circulars.

I don't have time, but think there might be some money to be made with this MAIL BOX marketplace. ONE of our Sowpubbers has been testing this the last couple of years, and got some decent results with his offers in the circs.

I like holding this strange, different, unusual and unique little marketing devices coming to me regularly, it has a nostalgia feel too.

When you buy a few things from these, you WILL get swamped with offers in your mailbox. I have a one page hotsheet for making a home made colloidal silver machine at home, (Bud Riggs made it for me when I was in New Mexico). The silver is the expensive part, but other than that, about 5 bux worth of parts.

HOTSHEETS, like SCOOPIFIED (because of the dated material), are doing very well, thank you very much.

Gordon
Old January 29, 2020, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Scoopified ... holy (cash?) cow

Issue 63 arrived yesterday in the mail.

What got me is that (if true) 30k subscribers is nothing to sneeze at. Assuming all paying subs ... a decent profit before any orders? Nobody is talking about mail order. It's all Internet hype and hysteria, but clearly mail is viable.

I don't fully understand the "ad sheets" concept ... is it always biz opp or health ?
Old January 29, 2020, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Scoopified ... holy (cash?) cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsansi View Post
Issue 63 arrived yesterday in the mail.

What got me is that (if true) 30k subscribers is nothing to sneeze at. Assuming all paying subs ... a decent profit before any orders? Nobody is talking about mail order. It's all Internet hype and hysteria, but clearly mail is viable.

I don't fully understand the "ad sheets" concept ... is it always biz opp or health ?

Best thing, look at some of them. One of the largest, shore to shore, can be seen at www.shoretoshore.biz and you can download current issue (218)

or www.dangillwebads.com

Here is my 22 year old I'M BUYING hotsheet, which I may bring back to life for the circs.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/circhotsheet.JPG

Like in all marketing, you have to match your products to the marketplace.

Gordon

PS www.inc53.com is loaded with circs.

Last edited by GordonJ : January 29, 2020 at 08:07 PM.