SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 21, 2008, 12:47 PM
SteveSki

Default A New Lead Capture Page Concept Is Producing Excellent Results!

In today’s marketing world it is getting harder and harder to collect data online.

Most people have become “list resistant” online. Almost everyone has a email address that they never check to use to complete most forms today.

This presents a major problem for marketers like us who are attempting to market online. How can we collect the prospects real name and their right (primary) email address?

ANSWER: By collecting a postal mailing address.

If you give visitors something of true value and mail it to them via the postal service they MUST GIVE YOU CORRECT DATA to receive their package.

Since they are giving you their postal mailing address they are much more likely to also provide you with their real name and primary email address!

It sounds simple, but the obvious challenge is... What of value do you mail them?

Glenn offers to send a Free Sample of his Healthy Chocolate.

I prefer to take a more generic approach and first send them an audio CD by New York Times Best Selling Author of the Rich Dad / Poor Dad books Robert Kiyosaki. The CD will educate people on the advantages of starting a home based business. If your prospect isn't interested in having their own home based business after listing to Robert Kiyosaki's CD you won't have to waste your time showing them what you can offer them.

This is working much better for me then sending prospects to any company specific site. This is also working much better for me than my other capture pages that offer a free digital download. Chances are you can apply this concept to whatever product or service you decide to market.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

Are your lead capture pages not working like they use to?
THIS ONE WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER AND YOU CAN USE IT!
http://www.RisingIncome.com
Old October 21, 2008, 02:22 PM
-TW

Default HA HA! Everything old is new again!

If this weren't so predictable, it'd be funny!

The www is way overrated as a mrktng method, imo.

It reminds me of a gag by Jackie Mason (who also sees the net's crippling limitations)...

Hey, you can get all your news on the internet -- the internet -- the internet -- that's all I keep hearing about! How you can get all your news on the internet. Then some guy had a great idea -- Print out all the news on paper, so people can read it on the subway on their way to work -- GENIUS!"

Sad.

-- TW
Old October 21, 2008, 02:31 PM
MichaelRoss

Default No New At All, Actually. And proven to make $55k in ten days for one marketer...

Steve,

Thanks for sharing.

Gary Halbert once said... to make money online, you Must get your customers OFF line.

He was referring to the idea of... using the internet to gather a Mailing Address and then sending them stuff through the mail.

It is this advice, I believe, which lead Bill Myers to place a ten word ad on the internet and make $55,000 in ten days.

The ad was a Lead Generating ad. It asked people to CALL. At which point they left a name and address and received a Letter. They then bought from that letter.

Michael Ross
Old October 21, 2008, 06:29 PM
-TW

Default My point exactly, Michael...

Lots of people get hypnotized about the wonders if the net.

On the other hand, people with good mrktng instincts can see (AND ALWAYS DID SEE) the reality under the hype.

At a certain point, IMing reaches terminal velocity. It's foundation is faulty in some very basic ways, as it relates to capitalism. Therefore it can only grow so big (as such). In lots of aspects, there is NO WAY it can ever replace OFFline (some would say 'old') methods.

To those who were/are BLINDED by the net, this seems like a major 'revelation!'

--TW
Old October 22, 2008, 08:43 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: No New At All, Actually. And also proven to get a 100% Opt-in rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post

The ad was a Lead Generating ad. It asked people to CALL. At which point they left a name and address and received a Letter. They then bought from that letter.

Michael Ross

Thanks for pointing that out Michael.

Reminds me of an old technique that to many. . . will be new for them.
How To Get A 100% Opt-in to your autoresponder.

1) Advertise a Free Report off line.
2) In your ad direct prospects to call a 1-800 number 24/7 to learn more.
3) Your recorded message sells the benefits of your free report.
4) Message tells prospect that the only way to receive their freebie is to
send a blank email to youraccount@aweber and check their in box.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

The Perfect Business CD by Robert Kiyosaki...
Get Yours Free Today! www.RisingIncome.com
Old October 22, 2008, 09:29 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: My point exactly, Michael...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post
There is NO WAY it can ever replace OFFline (some would say 'old') methods. To those who were/are BLINDED by the net, this seems like a major 'revelation!'
--TW

Thanks for sharing your thoughts TW.

I find that it is much easier and cheaper to prospect offline and point prospects to your website for more info.

Example: There is no shortage of MLM prospects offline. In fact you can get them to approach you. How?

I went to: http://beam.to/MagicMarketing and got some million dollar bills
printed up. On the backside of the bills I printed. . .
IF YOU CAN GIVE AWAY THESE MILLION DOLLAR BILLS,
YOU CAN EARN BIG MONEY WITH THIS HOME BUSINESS
www.RisingIncome.com
or call 0733213500 for a short recorded message

Went and got some nice shirts and had "Ask Me For Money" printed on them.

Now everywhere I go people will approach me.

I give them several of my million dollar bills... tell them to pay them forward... and let the online tools sort out the go getters from the just curious.

Others will spend all their money trying to generate leads online when prospects are all around them wherever they go. Go figure.

The only thing stopping most people I know from becoming rich is fear. They will let themselves starve half to death before they find the courage to prospect strangers offline.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
Old October 22, 2008, 10:29 AM
-TW

Default Re: My point exactly, Michael...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
The only thing stopping most people I know from becoming rich is fear. They will let themselves starve half to death before they find the courage to prospect strangers offline.

That's SO true -- that's why they are MORE than willing to subscribe to "the internet can take care of all my marketing" MYTH. It allows them (IN THEIR MIND -- NOT REALITY-BASED) to AVOID having to 'get out there and see the people.'

They don't understand the 'target' in 'target marketing' refers to the potential customer, not the marketer!

I'm glad at least some are waking up to the reality -- ONline mrktng is LIMITED + often LAME, compared to offline methods.

And, there's a lot of us who could plainly see that all along.

Cheers.

-- TW

PS: Thanks for the giving away money t-shirt idea! That's a keeper! (you could add in small writing "I've given away over 25 Million Dollars so far!")
Old October 22, 2008, 02:45 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Use The Gary North Technique

Steve,

Thanks for mentioning autoresponders (AR).

Gary North - http://www.garynorth.com - once devoted his entire site to this very topic. Now it's in the Member's Only area.

When it was Free, the gist was... use the AR in your print marketing, no matter What you're selling.

Selling a car. Then use an AR...

Mercedeze 310E for sale. For complete details immediately by email, send blank email to [email protected]

The idea is/was to save yourself answering endless questions, getting stupid answers like, "I'll come around", and then dealing with no shows. This was, all the info was given in the email - and then - the serious people would call. And they could get your number either from the bottom of that email - or - by sending another email to an AR which would then deliver the number.

Of course, this means you are somewhat relying on a large portion of interested people having email. And could miss out on viable prospects because of this. So you'd need to weigh that up - but - it is worth testing.

Michael Ross
Old October 22, 2008, 06:57 PM
Phil

Default Re: Use The Gary North Technique

Michael,

Here's an excellent Gary North learning freebie from a post awhile back, GJA approved...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthre...ght=gary+north

Phil
Old October 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
sal

Default Re: A New Lead Capture Page Concept Is Producing Excellent Results!

I agree.

Getting leads from offline sources is a great way to go. Once you get these leads, they should be funneled into an autoresponder series.

I would go so far as to say that if you don't have an AR, you don't really have an internet marketing business, because very few people buy on the first visit to a website...despite how dynamic your website might be.

You have to capture names and e-mail addresses if you intend to follow up, and unless you follow up, you're not likely to make much money.

Since you've spent all that time and money getting people to your website, it's well worth the effort to build an email-based relationship with your subscribers.

My own website businesses only started to take off once I figured out how to set up AR campaigns for them.

Best wishes,

Sal

Last edited by sal : October 22, 2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: I reread my post and realized that I had forgotten a key idea