SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
Joetrevison

Default New Site found

test your abilities I could only get 83% for my headlines. Anyone want to get 100% and tell me how. 83% is in the great copywriters category but that is not good enough for me.

http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/
Old September 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
FirstBorn

Default Re: New Site found

Hi Joe,

Thanks for this resource.

Your Answer in THREE Words:

"You Cannot Resist"

Score: 100

Christopher
Old September 18, 2006, 06:08 PM
Eternal Optimist

thanks for the resource, Joe - that's a great find!

Margaret
Old September 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
Joetrevison

You Cannot Resist does give you 100% but if you ad words it takes it down. That is not a real good software.

You certainly can't depend on that to find a winning headline.

The answer to that is find the 100 best Headlines of the past and revise them to your product and service.

Many companies do that. It works for some businesses but not for others.

"The Lazy Man's Way to Riches" worked like dynamite for the late Joe karbo. However anyone using that it works poorly. The secret is Joe was first. You have to change. How about this: "The Lazy Man's Way to Winning In The Stock Market" I don't know if you would have to test, test, test. And know something about the stock market and having is system of making it work with little action.

I know a system. I learned from Morton Sulman, many years ago playing the commodities market.

Never used, too scared. You pick several of the same commodies he suggested and put stop loses 5% below the first commodies you buy. You keep on moving the 5% as it goes up. You can even invest it it if you have money.

He has a list of the commodies that this works with. Soybeans it one I remember.

I have to check his book.

How about a little booklet $5.95 booklet on his system, giving him credit for the system.
Old September 18, 2006, 06:46 PM
Garth

Default The Greatest Headline Ever Sold

Joe, thanks. Good resource.

Curious how today's top selling headlines would stand up to this headline creation analyzer I found today's top selling headlines and ran them through the analyzer.

You might think all the top sellers would have high ranks but that wasn't the case.

This is a great starting point to select possible winners but the ultimate answer is to test. I wouldn't automatically leave out headlines that scored badly at this site.

Joe and others according to the site if you are consistently scoring extremely high as you've stated then there is only two explanations.

One, you're using less than five words
Two, you're extremely talented and need to go work for Boardroom.

Now of course even if your headlines are less than five words it doesn't mean you aren't talented of course but take for example a headline I stole from a bum, "I need money".

Now this might actually be the best headline ever sold after all these guys and girls dressed in tethered clothing and draped in 90 proof perfume seem to have the ability to get money dropped in their laps day after day.

Anyway I popped it in the analyzer and yep 60%.

I've written before about the value of bums most people will ignore this of course and maybe they should but it's amazing whom you might get information from if you carry an open mind with you.

Joe, if you are scoring that high then you've got hotsheet material right before your eyes and you need an agent to hook you up with an Boardroom executive.

Garth
BTW, I've scored, using the sites analyzer, over 100 of the Best Million Dollar Headlines Ever Sold In English. Some are scoring near 60% or more and they are five words or more. We are all about swiping headlines but wouldn't you like to swipe the right ones?

If you are interested in this list and want to save time from creating one your self then let me know
Old September 18, 2006, 08:00 PM
Phil

Default Re: The Greatest Headline Ever Sold

Joe,

Interesting resource and thanks for sharing...

Although after a little testing, I found that the Headlines on their site and for their company, don't score that great.

And after running some of the Best Proven Headlines for Google Adwords and other methods of advertising, that do work well...

I question if headline creation analyzer Software etc. is even worth applying to any business?

Scanning and Studying Google Adwords Experts and Niche publications Ads that continue month after month is a far Better method of Creating Winning Headlines!

Software may be good for some things But definitely Not for all things.

Phil
Old September 20, 2006, 10:22 AM
Joetrevison

How I got 83%

Meet the Marketing Genius FREE
That was 80%
Meet the Speed Reader Genius FREE

That got 83%

You explain it. I think people would want to meet the Marketing Genius. But was wrong according to that software.

I bet Marketing wins hands down in a real world test. But you only really know by testing, testing, and testing.