SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 11, 2007, 11:23 PM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default What's up with the Sowpub Harvest forum?

Besides myself and Steve no one else is taking advantage of this forum. There is literally no activity from other members putting up their special deals.

I thought people requested this forum to be able to offer special deals to Sowpub members. Has the interest died off? Anyone know?

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy
Old September 11, 2007, 11:41 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default It reminds me of a recent party I went to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy.com View Post
Besides myself and Steve no one else is taking advantage of this forum. There is literally no activity from other members putting up their special deals.

I thought people requested this forum to be able to offer special deals to Sowpub members. Has the interest died off? Anyone know?
Hi Woody,

Less than a week ago, I went to a friend's party. This friend of mine is an actor (he's listed on IMDB), he's been in a few films and TV shows (all Australian ones though). He's also written and performed in his own plays.

His party was amazing... As I overheard one guy say,

"This is the first party I've been to where there was a contortionist!"

My friend had organized for two acts to give us all a free performance at his party. The first guy was a kind of "mime" act, and the second was a lady contortionist (who managed to fit herself into a tiny box - which she called her "New York apartment"!). Both acts were very, very funny!

By the way, you can see a video of the contortionist here... You also see the size of her "New York apartment" that she fits into from about halfway through the video onwards...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34463805814196

Anyway, the acts were amazing! But I felt sorry for a few people... Because, a few of my friends were invited, but didn't come. I thought to myself - they're gonna kill me when I tell them what they've missed out on!

That's the way I feel about it... I feel sorry for those missing out, but rather than worry about it too much, spend some time and enjoy it.

I'll be posting a "special offer" there in the not-too-distant future... so keep a look out...

Cheers, Dien
Old September 12, 2007, 12:18 AM
Todd

Default Re: What's up with the Sowpub Harvest forum?

I've got the special offers bookmarked, I don't really have anything to offer there yet and have a pretty full plate already. Just watching and waiting to see if anything pops up that I could maybe make a little room for on that 'full plate'!
Old September 12, 2007, 12:28 AM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default Dien, don't you think Ruby's a bit of a stretch?

Back in the late 70's and early 80's I traveled with a tented circus. Circus Vargas out of South California. Their were two twin girls from Germany that had a contortionist act.

No matter how many time I watched their act, it was a show stopper. Contortionists always draw a crowd. I don't care what age you are. It is probably one of the most strangest talents some people have, that always gets them noticed.

With exception to the guy who likes to shove a 12 inch landscape spike up his nose on the Midway as the children pass by.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

Last edited by ThePromotionalGuy.com : September 12, 2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Additional comment.
Old September 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Do I have a future as a contortionist?

Quote:
Back in the late 70's and early 80's I traveled with a tented circus. Circus Vargas out of South California. Their were two twin girls from Germany that had a contortionist act.

No matter how many time I watched their act, it was a show stopper. Contortionists always draw a crowd. I don't care what age you are. It is probably one of the most strangest talents some people have, that always gets them noticed.

With exception to the guy who likes to shove a 12 inch landscape spike up his nose on the Midway as the children pass by.
Hi Woody!

"Ruby Rubberlegs" (or Rani Huszar) was talented, funny, and beautiful. I must say, the guy she performed with, Daniel Oldaker, was also talented and funny (maybe I won't call him beautiful though - HA!). I think they were both circus-trained... And they were great entertainers!

Woody, what did you do in the circus?

I'm thinking of becoming a contortionist... Right now, I'm still struggling to touch my toes. I hope to reach them one day! I s'pose you gotta start somewhere, right?

Cheers, Dien
Old September 12, 2007, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Default Before we had the 16,015 posts at SowPub...we had ZERO...LITERALLY.

[b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by . There is literally no activity from other members putting up their special deals.[/B

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

Hi Woody,

There was a day that Dien and I made the first two posts at SowPub...that was some 16,000+ posts and 7 years ago.

There was literally NO activity. It reminded me of the 2nd grade experiment of planting a seed into a cup...and WAITING for something to grow.

Some kids (me perhaps?) couldn't wait...so we dug our seeds up to see what was happening...AH, was that the lesson my teacher was trying to get across?

Imagine a year from now...when there could be scores, maybe hundreds of special offers and your's might get buried...

Growing takes time. For somethings it is a slow process. This may be the case with SowPub Harvests...

WE have patience. We never wanted to build the largest site, nor the most visited. WE do moderate this forum much more than people know, because spam seldom stays up very long because we have great moderators around the world...literally. So most people have no idea the amount of deletions that take place...and sometimes, even some good stuff...we leave that up to the moderators, we trust and respect their judgement.

Also, most of our visitors are not daily...more like once or twice a week, just to peek and see if anything new is going on.

The NEW forums are still in the "incubator", we have to allow time for them to breathe on their own.

So be patient and keep posting those great offers...and hope for the day that you get overwhelmed with people who take you up on your harvest.

Gordon Jay Alexander
Old September 12, 2007, 03:00 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Dien, Q about Archives

Gordon,

Thanks for mentioning the Days of Old.

Note to Dien... speaking of those Thousands of old posts. Any chance we can get Those into the archives too? There is some Great Stuff in those Not-Yet-Archived posts. Be a Shame to have them just disappear for whatever reason.

Michael Ross
Old September 16, 2007, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What's up with the Sowpub Harvest forum?

I only keep track of this forum about once a week or so , I never even knew there was a special offers section. This is mainly due to the fact I have bookmarked this part of the forum directly. But I bet you there are others who like me use the site but simply don't know about.

Quote:

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy
Old September 17, 2007, 08:50 PM
BrentWhinfield

Default Re: It reminds me of a recent party I went to...

Hi Dien,
Can't believe there's actually a website devoted to "The Beautiful Art of Contortion" with a Page Rank of four:
http://www.contortionhomepage.com/

God loves you.
Brent.

P.S - I just made a special offer over in
the harvest forum.
Old September 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Dien, Q about Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Note to Dien... speaking of those Thousands of old posts. Any chance we can get Those into the archives too? There is some Great Stuff in those Not-Yet-Archived posts. Be a Shame to have them just disappear for whatever reason.
Hi Michael,

You're right, I've got to get back on to getting the rest of the archives back up. I agree, there's some "gold" in those posts!

Thanks for the reminder... Sometimes you get so busy with other stuff, that you put other things on the "back burner"...

I'll get a few more of those archives up, though it could take me a week or two to get some progress happening (among all the other activities)...

Thanks for your post!

- Dien