SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 1, 2019, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Default Yes Virginia, checklists ARE HOTSHEETS.

HOTSHEETS.

Every time a marketer releases a new report, Clarence gets his wings. Don't know the culprit this week, there are so many of them now.

But let me tell you about HOT SHEETS. And these include, but are not limited to: checklists (before you kick out the chocks), cheat sheets, summaries, recipes, sales steps, all step by step procedures, processes and A to Z information.

Tickets, flyers, postcards, coloring pages, dry erase boards, time sheets, etc., etc. and so on.

The history, for newer folks, sorry old guard, the story hasn't changed. I was introduced to HOT SHEETS by Joe Karbo, who paid 20 bux a week for a one page report on price reductions for boats being sold in S. CA. Joe also got one page sheets of closeouts, overstocks and discontinued items too. This, BEFORE FAX machines.

It was done by mail. Today, email for probably most.

One difference between hotsheets and info sheets is usually an EXPIRATION date. It is time limited.

But there are many different types of hotsheets.

One I like is the one page full of LINKS to sites on a given subject, I used this type in my 52 CARDS report.

As I've stated many times over the years, we all should be turning out some sort of a HOTSHEET.

And online, these make great little NAME CAPTURE pages, bonuses, free giveaways, all sorts of uses...

And then you B U N D L E them into a report, course, membership site, so on and so on.

Richard Dennis once sent me a one page booklet template, which when printed could be cut and folded into a 16 page booklet, he used it to sell diet cookies. But the layout and format would be a great way to create little carry with pocket/purse little hotsheets, checklists, external brain extensions.

And with PLR, you don't even have to write anything either. I saw a bundle of Copywriting checklists available at WarriorPlus for 17 bux.

Pick a hot topic, like copywriting, content writing, CBD oil, Crypto currency, politics, or an evergreen one like food, clothing, shelter...

and use an AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING site, do your best Ron Popeil imitation and set it and forget it.

So, yes, checklists are hotsheets. And yes, HOTSHEETS are still a good way to get your feet wet in the information publishing field.

EVERYONE should have at least one info product working for him/her, eh?

GordonJ

PS. Any questions????

Last edited by GordonJ : April 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old April 4, 2019, 01:58 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks... you triggered a new idea...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
So, yes, checklists are hotsheets. And yes, HOTSHEETS are still a good way to get your feet wet in the information publishing field.

EVERYONE should have at least one info product working for him/her, eh?
Thanks Gordon,

You've given me an idea...

A New Entrepreneur's Hotsheet!

The old Entrepreneur's Hotsheet found the best posts on various business discussion forums...

However, I also still continue to collect many awesome new business ideas you can implement... At the moment, a lot of them I don't "use"... But they would still be useful to people...

The New Entrepreneur's Hotsheet could combine these ideas... New business ideas, plus the best of Sowpub posts... in one hotsheet...

Hmm...

I'll let it stew for a day or two...

Best wishes,

Dien