SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Default Sowpub Brainstorming session...500 bux a day....HOW...IF...

You fell from an airplane into a town of 25,000 people or more.

You need to make 500 bux in cash. Today. Starting at 8 ending by 5.

No support programs. No call backs. No follow up. You'll be dropped out of a plane tomorrow into another town/city.

You'll cover the USA for any city with at least 25k.

So, what do YOU do, to get the 500 cash in your pocket ASAP every day?

Any idea accepted. But once you leave town the next day, you will never see nor hear from anyone again. OK?

Thinking caps ON? Go!!!

Gordon
Old April 6, 2012, 08:24 PM
Phil

Default Re: Sowpub Brainstorming session...500 bux a day....HOW...IF...

Hey Gordon...

Sure I'll Play the Game...

Send Me the Cheque through PayPal! ... 500 bux a day...

Quick one! ...

Everyone! ... EveryWhere needs to Eat and Stay Hydrated...

Off to Wheel and Deal! ... Seriously Negotiate... High Volume on the Go! ...

Below Wholesale and in Bulk...

Pizza Joint Venture(s)... Cross Promotions etc etc...

Maybe even Cashless Investments and Ideas here...

Pay as You Go... Business Ideas & Concepts! CIRCA 2012 business models...

Delivery included to Select Secret Locations...

Buying Fresh and Pipping Hot Pizza from the Best Known Pizzarias around...

Ice Cold Water and Assorted Soft Drink cans into the Swing of Things

''Twistable'' Business models of course...

Other Food related Specialties included...

Quick research to the {Hottest} Hotspots ''only'' Where Hungry Kids, Teenagers and People Hang-out...

And Everyone Must EAT! ...

Time to ''Wildly and Creatively'' Market High-end Pizza Slices only ...

Other Cool Added Features and Bonus needs provided...

Well Sliced into Exceptionally ''Awesome'' Profits on A Daily Basis...

Depending on Traffic, Sales Volumes etc. Just might stay a few Extra Days

Or Setup these Babies! ... Well Managed & Into the Future! ...

No Permits required because We'll be out in A Flash... On to the Next City/Town to Duplicate & Improve those Good ol' Revenues & Money making ideas...

Maybe Not for Everybody! ... But it Surely Can and Does Work for Many Continually...

$$$$ Ongoing into their Bank Account when and When Not Money is Required in those Good ol' Bank Accounts...

Retire... Rehirement and Money making Needs & Wants... Problems Solved!

Extra, Especially {Fresh} Cut assorted ''Love'' Bunches of Flowers Next!

All the Best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : April 6, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional info...
Old April 6, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cornell

Default Gordon...specifics please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

No support programs.

Gordon

Please clarify "no support programs"

Also was I allowed to grab a bag under my feet or on the seat beside me as I fell out?

Cornell
Old April 7, 2012, 05:29 AM
SteveSki

Quote:

No support programs. No call backs. No follow up. You'll be dropped out of a plane tomorrow into another town/city.

Any idea accepted. But once you leave town the next day, you will never see nor hear from anyone again. OK?

Thinking caps ON? Go!!!

Gordon

Well if I fell into town with my camera and laptop I would simply find the local shopping mall and would start approaching parents who were out shopping with their children and would introduce myself, show samples of the fantasy portraits I create and tell the parents if they could spare 15 minutes at the local park (or I'd find an indoor children's playground and shoot the images there) I would photograph their children... no charge... and let them choose their favorite image for free.

Then I would offer to sell them the extras and chances are good I would make $500 per family. I'd probably shoot several sessions by noon and I'd burn their digital negatives onto a CD and make a quick video for them with Animoto.com

That way they could make their own prints at the local digital photo lab. I'd show them my regular price list of $995 for the digital negatives but would offer to sell the disk to them for half price if they paid that day in cash. Otherwise I'd be forced to delete the images because I'm only in town today only.

This way they walk away with a really great deal with duplication rights to the images and I'd be off to repeat the process in another town the next day!

Cheers,

Steve

www.MomsWithCamera.com
www.DigitalFantasyBackgrounds.com
www.BabyPhotoBackdrops.com
Old April 7, 2012, 10:53 AM
Duane Adolph

HI Gordon,

Thanks for the Brainstorming session.

Something about your post reminds me of the old the Television Show Called Quantum Leap starring Scott Bakula. Where he kept jumping from one body to another and when his time was up. THAT WAS IT.

From our Sowpub.com files over the years we've learned to

1. Get Clear On Your Target
2. Determine Your Resources/Assets etc.

So far #1 You've given us a clear target and time frame $500 Cash in pocket by 5pm that day.

It's #2 Resources/Assets That I'm trying to determine. So my quick question to you is. What if any resources DO we have to start with? at 8am?

Thanks Gordon

Duane
  • CASH: Do we have a cash float? If so how much?
  • COMMUNICATION: Do we have a cell phone? Internet Access?
  • TRANSPORTATION: Do we have access to a car? bus?

This might help frame the Ideas that are generated a little better. THANKS

Quote:

Thinking caps ON? Go!!!

Gordon

Last edited by Duane Adolph : April 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old April 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default One approach is this...

Quote:

Thinking caps ON? Go!!!
The broad strategy I would use is...

- Find businesses with "stored value."
- Do a deal to be able to unlock that stored value.
- Find someone to buy that stored value, or the right to use that stored value. (With more time, I may develop them myself, but given the time limit in Gordon's question, I'd sell them.)

(As Gordon has posted about before, "stored value" is a concept Harvey Brody teaches...)

One idea is, you may see a building which has a blank wall which cars can see from a busy street.

(For example, I can think of an old building I know of in my city with a blank side wall which faces a park. As cars drive along the street in the direction towards the blank wall, they can see the blank wall on the side of the building, because of the empty space next to the building due to the park.)

From the point of view of advertising, this blank wall which is visible from a busy street has "stored value."

You could then do a deal permitting you to put advertising on that wall for a year or two (and sign a contract with the building owner). Then, sell that right to put up advertising on that wall to someone else, who can then develop the idea (since you only have one day). (Check the city regulations regarding this first, as some cities apparently like to restrict such advertising.)

Another type of stored value is excess stock, etc. You can organize to buy this stock from the owner (or instead, write a contract where you pay a small amount to buy an option to buy the stock), and resell it at a profit. With a one day deadline, you'd probably want to sell it as a single lot. (Jim Straw made money doing this for years, and wrote the manual on it.)

Another one might be this. A local college has classes during the week - but on the weekend, their classrooms are empty. That's a kind of stored value. Can you do a deal to "broker" these empty classrooms on the weekend, for other people to use as a venue? If you can get a contract to do this with the college, you may be able to sell that right on to someone else (due to the one day time limit, you won't have time to develop this yourself).

The broad idea between these is actually the same. Find stored value assets, then do a deal to control, use, or own those assets, then sell it on to someone else (due to the time limit).

There are many different ways you can apply this general idea.

The main "problem" is that many of these deals could take more than a day to finalize.

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old April 8, 2012, 01:38 AM
Phil

Default Recognizing & realizing stored value, [2001] Guess, Who said that over 10 Years ago?

Always interesting To Dig around a little...

With ''Secret'' undetectable Wifi internet and other Communication type tools, Photography related Equipment, Video's, Recognizing and Realizing stored value(s) etc. etc..., $500. A Day YouTubing ideas, Day after Day...

How Things Have Changed in the Last Little While...

WhereEver and/from WhichEver Location, City, Town, Municipality(ies)...

Sure, As Long as All your Tools for Each Selected $500. A Day idea...

Simply! ... Fits All in that One Bag, fully Attached To Each Applicant's Entry, Landing, Creativity for that New and Up-And-Coming, Entrepreneurialism Reality show...

I'm sure it's Just about, All Documented, Ready and Approved somewhere in GJA's rules, regulations, To be Released Shortly or in the very Near Future! ...

Bet we'll be Seeing another ''Cool & Intriguing'' Publication/Report in one form of information or Another! ... [Hitting] SowPub News Stands and Entrepreneurialism related Marketplaces...

Before you Know it...

And, for those Willing to Accept the Inherent Risks, this 21st Century New Entrepreneurialism is Full of Opportunities. Digital Technologies are ...
http://blog.irvingwb.com/blog/2011/0...can-dream.html

Recognizing and realizing stored value....
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795

All the Best...

Phil
Old April 8, 2012, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Default Broaden the parameters of the brainstorming session...more realistic???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Please clarify "no support programs"

Also was I allowed to grab a bag under my feet or on the seat beside me as I fell out?

Cornell

No planes, for those not wanting nosebleeds.

How's this:

You are in your VW Camper VAN, you could pull a very small trailer, but, for the sake of this brainstorming session...you aren't.

So, you can carry tools, or something to sell (small items, big price tags?)

And what I mean by NO support, the person (s) giving you the 500 bux won't be calling nor sending you email, you may never hear from them again...but you could.

So, nothing about building websites, or SEO or anything which requires support.

Either a product or a service, you drive into town, spend a few hours, get 500 cash NET profit...then stay if you want (perhaps you meet a cute redhead in the store, and feel compelled to spend some of your 500 bux buying her dinner...he.he. )

So, you have some room in the Van to carry whatever.

NOW,

whatcha gonna do?

And Phil, I do have a list already...but the Objective of My Brainstorming Session is To Identify Ideas I May Have Missed.

I think I have the PERFECT PRODUCT...and I'll give a HINT...flash drive.

OK, anyone got something else...???????

THANKS to all who participated and who will.

Gordon
Old April 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default Yes, you have a phone, a car or van...gas money...and whatever it is

you're going to sell, be it a service or a product.

Think of being in a VW Camper Van. You could pull a small trailer, lightly loaded.

You have a phone. Computer.

You CAN call ahead or SEND a letter ahead of your arrival.

You CAN have a website.

So, that broadens the ideas, right?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
HI Gordon,

Thanks for the Brainstorming session.

Something about your post reminds me of the old the Television Show Called Quantum Leap starring Scott Bakula. Where he kept jumping from one body to another and when his time was up. THAT WAS IT.

From our Sowpub.com files over the years we've learned to

1. Get Clear On Your Target
2. Determine Your Resources/Assets etc.

So far #1 You've given us a clear target and time frame $500 Cash in pocket by 5pm that day.

It's #2 Resources/Assets That I'm trying to determine. So my quick question to you is. What if any resources DO we have to start with? at 8am?

Thanks Gordon

Duane
  • CASH: Do we have a cash float? If so how much?
  • COMMUNICATION: Do we have a cell phone? Internet Access?
  • TRANSPORTATION: Do we have access to a car? bus?
This might help frame the Ideas that are generated a little better. THANKS
Old April 8, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cornell

Default here's one

Given that we are allowed a car and trailer that means we haven't been dropped into town totally destitute.

You might even call this a working vacation plan.

Using Arizona as an example target....I would have registered arizonavacatrionstops.com (which by the way is available and had the site prebuilt before the excursion.

Plan is to find tourist attractions....Upon entering town would stop and ask what there is to see locally...even out of the way and not necessarily big huge ones...and where are the good spots to eat.

Armed with laptop and a couple of premade demos would approach the local attractions and eateries and offer a 3-5 minute video to be placed on the web site. Local attraction should take about 1½ hours max to video and restaurants about 1 hour. Attraction done between 10 and 11:30am (or if amusement type then at almost poeak period of the day), and restaurants just prior to lunch or supper time and part of the dinner time to capture customers actually eating.

Similarly I would approach hotels / motels with the same offer although doing these takes a little longer to shoot.

Video editing in afternoon or late afternoon depending on shooting time, and content write-up for the web page and finished video burned to DVD as master which is provided to business. Video and content added to website and then finished product presented at end of day if possible or next morning.

Because Gordon specified a one day income...just one video shoot a day and completed and presented same day...in real time where no one day specification I would do 2 of them and present for payment next day and squeeze in one more video shoot on the second day and finished up by the end of the second day with a total of 3 done in 2 days. Then move on, or do some more in the area, or just kick back for a day or two and actually take in the local fare.

Fee structure would be recurring monthly payment of $67 per month ($804/year) or cash / credit card payment of $595 automatically recurring yearly.

As an enticement to close the deal throw in adding the finished video to youtube.com and grandfathering them in for second year at $395, and all subsequent years at $295 (these would be automatically recurring passive income).

One could also negotiate free night stay and food as part of a reduction in package price at the hotels / motels.

If domain name is carefully selected and each web site was prepped properly with SEO then the site should be in number one or two position on google for the keywords.One could spend 2 -3 years traveling the US and getting well paid to do it.

Incidentally ....if I liked traveling I would do this in a heartbeat...but....34 years ago I spent a few years behind the wheel of a tractor trailer logging just over 750,000 commercial miles (having been through 46 states and all provinces in Canada)....and now I have absolutely no inclination to stray very far from this location.