SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7, 2000, 01:55 PM
Gordon Alexander

Default Holy Cow...Why aren't WE all doing this...

Here is a page from a 32 page catalog sent out by the University of Akron...

You may not be able to read it, but I'll tell you about it below...because WE all should cash in...

Now for some notes.

On this page is a list of courses/classes.

On the right side, second down, is one called:

MAKE MONEY FROM GOVERNMENT SURPLUS AND FACTORY CLOSEOUTS...

It is ONE class, 4 hours and costs $59.00 bucks. It's not even as good as the Chattel Report.

But it may very well become one of my Gord-e-books for 12 dollars, and I may even do some interviewing too.

Beneath that is COACHING SKILLS FOR MANAGERS for only 119 dollars for a Saturday 9 to 4 class.

This is ONE page of 32 loaded with classes you can take from the U. of Akron...

Friends, YOU could do this...and you can either do it through your local High School, Communtiy College, YMCA, Churches, or even on your own.

Some of you might know I do little "small potatoes" seminars. Usually 50 bucks each. Get 10 to 20 people. I keep all the money.

Now let me go through this catalog to show you what people are spending money on LEARNING...

You did read BYBA right? So you know I'm BIG on EDUCATION...

Page 2-INTRODUCTION TO PC's FOR ADULTS OVER 55 only $199.00 for 4 meetings.

How to buy a PC--$39 2 hours
Beginning Computers with Windows $245 8 classes
Internet basics $129 4 hours

Web Page Design $239 two saturdays 8 hours

And away from computers:

GET ORGANIZED $99 9 hours total
CONTROL YOUR TIME-REGAIN YOUR LIFE A BREAKFAST WORKSHOP OPTION oNLY 489 bucks and they throw in a pancake or two...

FUNDAMENTALS OF PROFESSIONAL SELLING $295 A one day seminar...(OH MIKE Rodman...)

PROJECT MANAGEMENT $595 2 class meetings YOU all could probably teach this one...

MEDICINAL HERBS-HOW TO CHOOSE THEM! HOW TO USE THEM...$109 8 classes...

(I've taken one similar to the one just mentioned)

They have cartooning, gardening, floral design, photography, scuba diving, golf, tennis, dancing, woodworking...over 32 pages put out by a good size university (over 25,000 students)

This does NOT include courses (education) put on by their very popular Communtiy and Technical College...

These are offerings from their CONTINUING EDUCATION programs...

SEE? People are teaching other people what they know. And getting paid for doing it.

The advantages of having your courses in a catalog like this one is of course exposure...but using guerrilla tactics, with HOTSHEETS, you could do these classes at a less cost and POCKET MORE MONEY...

It is something for you to think about. Then, of course you can record the AUDIO, a little editing and VOILA! another product...

Or VIDEO, or a COURSE...

I want you to somehow cash in on the EDUCATIONAL BOOM taking place...either give a class or take one...it's a great place to meet people with similar interests...

What is the most unusual class or workshop you know of or have ever taken?

Gordon Alexander