SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
Joetrevison

Default Pictures for sale

I have exclusive rights to these pictures: How can I sell them and make some great money:

tinyurl.com/dy5nq

paste and copy. They are letter size and fully matted when I sell them. They can be made into calendars and other things. I haven't even thought about. Help me please.
Old March 26, 2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Pictures for sale

They are not the best of pictures to sell.

Try getting one of those books on licensing 101. They'll tell you what kind of pictures are most likely to sell.

What you could do is contact a frame maker in your region and ask him to showcase the pictures in frames to sell. Give him a cut per sale - and he'll help you sell it. Most frame makers already use other stock pictures though.

You could go approach a restaurant or deli and ask them to showcase your frames on their walls too.
Old March 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
Joetrevison

These were done by an award winning artist and you can't find them as clip art. These are unique. I want to try ebay with two of them first. Then I will contact some of things suggested by A.
Old March 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
Pappy

Default My experience.......

If you are going to frame a picture take this into consideration......

People buy pictures that they have an emotional attachment to.

I look around my house and I have pictures of old maps (from my area), football (We have a picture of Clemson's Death valley hanging in our den), civil war pictures, Mayberry (I have a print of barnie fife).

Now my wife has pictures of our kids, grandkid, flowers, plants, etc.....

My point being if you have someone who loves English Bulldogs, they will have pictures of the dog itself or other bulldogs.

If you're looking for resell rights look for niche photos.

Civil war, pets, nascar, tennis, etc....

Now here's something I do..... I take old photos out of magazines and frame them. I once took an old civil war calendar (1996 I think), well instead of throwing it away I took the pictures, cut them out and built frames for all 13 pics. I ending up keeping 2 of them but sold the rest for $20 bucks a piece. I've done the same with old coke ads out of time life magazines.

Now if you are bound and determined to sell what you have look for new business's opening up. That need pictures to fill their walls. Maybe flea markets... Or sell them to stock photo companies.

Hope this helps.....
Pappy
Old March 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
James Anthony

Hey Joe,

I agree with Gordon and I don't think there is too much value there.

One thing you can do if you can get some good quality digital images of them is submit them to sites like www.dreamstime.com or similar sites (there's a lot of them).

People pay $2 for each download and you you get 50% of it.

Jim
Old March 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
Joetrevison

The artist originally had they draw as big pictures. But that is just one of each. I have pictures of them were you can see the real beauty. I admit those lose something digital. But I had people really love them And I am making them letter size and matted. So they have some more value.

I like to see them as clip art. No way. An award artist did these. Ads sell them and they value their. We will try anything to sell them. Only doing something proves it sells or not. I was looking for how to sell. No your personal view of the art. It is in the eyes of the beholder like love.
Old March 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
mtran2000

Joe, you might want to call chamber of commerce where you are and find out if there is an art show coming up where you could display and sell the art. Shows that are strictly art tend to draw serious potential buyers that have money and less browsers.

Mark
Old March 27, 2007, 12:23 AM
ImpactYourArea.com

Default Joe, here is an idea that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetrevison View Post
I have exclusive rights to these pictures: How can I sell them and make some great money:

tinyurl.com/dy5nq

paste and copy. They are letter size and fully matted when I sell them. They can be made into calendars and other things. I haven't even thought about. Help me please.

Joe,

I looked at the 20 pictures.

You could have the first "20 Month Wall Calender". Nobody offers this. I know because I sell calenders.

Primarily you will see 12 month and 13 month wall, desk, stick on, free standing, and magnetic calenders.

So how can you make some money with this? First off, you need to have 300 of these calenders made up, with your name, address and phone number imprinted on the bottom. I can help you with this.

You will use these calenders as a give-a-way sample to leave behind, when you stop in and speak with your different clients. These clients should be invited to hang your calender on the wall.

Ask you clients if they give out calenders to their customers. If it is a yes, then show them your one of a kind "20 Month Wall Calender" sample.

Explain to them that when most people are having to look for a new calender to hang on the wall at the beginning of every year, your "20-Month Wall Calender", with their imprint on it, won't need to be replaced until eight months later.

The benefit to your clients, is that their clients will see their name, address and phone number everyday, not for 12 months or 13 months, but for 20 full months. That's almost 2 years.

Then six months before the calender should expire, you revisit these clients to renew their calender order, so they can have it ready to go when their calender expires. Also, something I can help you with.

The buy in would need to be a minimum of 300 calenders per client at $3 a calender plus any setup fees, tax and freight costs.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

Last edited by ImpactYourArea.com : March 27, 2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old March 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
Joetrevison

Certain I thought of this. However I have no money to try this. If you want to fund it and try and pay me a royalty that might work. I haven't thought of a 20 month calendar but that is better idea than mine 12 month.
Old March 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
ImpactYourArea.com

Default Joe, joe, joe...tsk, tsk.

Hello Joe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetrevison View Post
Certain I thought of this. However I have no money to try this. If you want to fund it and try and pay me a royalty that might work. I haven't thought of a 20 month calendar but that is better idea than mine 12 month.

You wanted an idea. I gave you that. Now you have to do the foot work. But let me add one twist to that idea.

Since you have no money to try this then make a mockup version, as Don Alm or I have done with our own product ideas. Then take your mockup to your clients and show them.

You have access to a computer and probably a color printer. Make it yourself and then go about generating orders.

But before you get orders check with your local printer and see what he/she can do and maybe they will set you up with an open account and print your calenders for you.

If not, then contact me because I have access to all the calender companies in the specialty advertising industry.

Once that is in order, approach your clients. Show them your calender idea and ask for the order.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy