SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 21, 2020, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Today, I would start the 12 weeks at $1,000.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Hey Gordon

Thanks again for sharing the information you did on the Sprint to Freedom-Chattel Report.

I think the concepts of the Parade of Life and the Bike Metaphor for Building Networks are solid GOLD.

(I also chuckle whenever I read the sections where you tell the reader to use the coloured markers enclosed, but that's another story altogether!)

I'm curious: if you were to update that report for today, what is the KEY part you would focus on?

The part I would focus on are the 12 weeks, and start it at 1k dollars, telling the readers that at that level and a consistent 20% would get them to "freedom" much faster, and I would probably make it twice a week for transactions, to go even faster.

I would take out the Parade of Life, the psychology parts and maybe put more advertising into it.

Thanks for asking.

Gordon "Mr. Chattel" Alexander
Old July 21, 2020, 12:04 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: chattel help

That's interesting because the parade of life and psychology parts are my favorite.

I do agree with scaling up to begin with, if possible.

I've been having some fun buying "drum machines" on Craigslist then reselling them on Reverb, which is a marketplace for used musical instruments.

A used Drum Machine, depending on the model, can sell for $200 to $800.

A lot of young guys buy a drum machine, maybe play with it once if at all, then it collects dust in a drawer for a few years until they decide they want to just get rid of it for cheap.

It's pretty easy to flip these on Reverb or eBay and profit anywhere from $100 to $150 average.

The only wrinkle is finding ENOUGH of these at the correct price to flip for profit, but one or two a week is doable.
Old July 21, 2020, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default That is a good profit. For me, it has always been about supply.

You and I are in the minority. I like the psychology parts too.

I like the drum machines and used to flip a lot of equalizers back in the day of "real" stereo equipment (talking turntables, tuners, amps...all that fun stuff). I once was big into cameras, in fact, how I got started.

But one needs a supply, and when I first wrote the original Chattel Report, I found the mundane, ho-hum everyday stuff would sell faster. Then, once the Internet allowed such things, I searched for PRICES only.

The 12 steps in the report could be started at any level, even a 9 year old could start with 10 bux and keep it going...but in the spirit of

THE SPRINT TO FREEDOM

Rather than the marathon ... If someone started at 1k, it would only take six weeks to get to a 1k a week profit, and two deals would put them in the 100k a year range. And truthfully, it is (for me) easier to find 200 bux in profit in something selling for 1k, than it is to find 20 bux in something selling for 100.

But as long as the transactions keep one in the black, it is whatever works. I would guess that beat machines (are they similar) and all things home music would be good chatteling today.

Thanks for sharing.

Gordon

PS "...my Arabian drums, should I put them by the gate, or sad eyed lady should I wait". Would Dylan leave the "drum machines" by the gate?? Someday, I want to make a movie from his JACK OF DIAMONDS. Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That's interesting because the parade of life and psychology parts are my favorite.

I do agree with scaling up to begin with, if possible.

I've been having some fun buying "drum machines" on Craigslist then reselling them on Reverb, which is a marketplace for used musical instruments.

A used Drum Machine, depending on the model, can sell for $200 to $800.

A lot of young guys buy a drum machine, maybe play with it once if at all, then it collects dust in a drawer for a few years until they decide they want to just get rid of it for cheap.

It's pretty easy to flip these on Reverb or eBay and profit anywhere from $100 to $150 average.

The only wrinkle is finding ENOUGH of these at the correct price to flip for profit, but one or two a week is doable.
Old July 21, 2020, 02:30 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: chattel help

You're so right about the price point.

I have made $200 on a flip a few times, but it was on an $800
to $1000 drum machine. And like you said: it's about supply.

A "beat machine" is definitely similar. The most known are the Akai MPC series. They have a big following, but I've found them harder to justify flipping because an $800 Akai might only profit $50.

As an aside, I found your Remote Hypnosis course to be a perfect complement to the Chattel Report.