SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12, 2003, 02:50 AM
Michael Ross (Qld, Aust)

Default Here's a Guaranteed (FREE) way to easily make $100k this year, online...

When I originally wrote the headline I did it as a test. I wanted to know how many people would click on this message to read all about the technique - which was being given free - that would reveal how to make $100,000 this year online.

Then later, I was going to post another message with a not so enticing headline. Maybe even something like, "Here's how to make $400 a week mowing lawns" or some other thing which obviously meant you had to WORK for the money.

But it dawned on me... after you click on this headline you would be wary about clicking on another enticing headline of mine. My first test would distort the results of the second test.

So I guess I'll just have to live with this test for now.

As for the technique - which you get for free...

Here are several....

Four Step
[*]Create a product people WANT to buy[*]Create a webpage that sells it[*]Plug in a payment processor - paypal, clickbank, etc.[*]Do an ezine ad blast

Those four little steps seem so easy. Get them right and you will be rolling around in electronic money.

And that's the hard part... getting them right.

Oh sure... the payment processor is easy. But creating a webpage that SELLS. That's hard for most people. Better off contacting someone to do that for you - I believe Gordon is still taking on assignments so he might be able to help you out.

Ezine ad blast... there are plenty of ezines. Do a search on Google and you should find a multitude of ezines relating to your chosen market.

The hardest part is creating a product people want.

Fact is: Most people create a product and then see if someone wants it. Instead of studying a market for a while to see what is being bought and then offering the same thing.

Yep. Creating a product people want is the HARD part. Most get it wrong. Those who get it right make some big bucks.

So what is your chosen topic to be?

Internet marketing?

Oh dear. Not another internet marketing "guru."

Question: Name five internet marketing gurus who have sold other eBooks of their own creation besides eBooks on internet marketing?

Cory Rudl and his Car Buying Secrets is the only one I can think of. Got another four?

How else can you make 100 G's this year online?

JV

Form a strategic alliance with someone who has a list which reaches the same people you want as customers.

But we get back to that pesky product thing again. Just no way to escape it. Blast.

Form a Team

Instead of working on something all by your lonesome, join forces with someone else and work on a project together. Brainstorm it. Discuss it. Just like the "board" of a large company does.

People think... how can I make my business larger?

First, write down what larger companies DO.
  • They advertise all the time
  • They keep track of their profits (sort of)
  • They hold meetings and discuss things - strategies and tactics (do you know the difference between strategy and tactic?)
  • They don't try to do everything themselves

THAT is what large conmpanies DO.

What do small time operators do?

They hardly advertise at all. They don't really know if their business is profitable. They never discuss anything about their business - as if doing so would make them look like idiots. They want to do everything themselves - because they somehow feel it takes away from them if someone else needs to do something.

One of the first things many small businesses do is get in an outside bookkeeper.

Personally, I don't think this is necessary if you know what you are doing.

If you cannot be bothered to spend a few minutes a day keeping track of the financials of your business, what are you keeping track of?

Serving customers?

Fine. But you can still keep track of your financials can't you?

And if you are doing such large volume the answer is no... then get that bookkeeper. But only after you know what the numbers are saying. Otherwise you end up like one business owner I know... BANKRUPT because he didn't understand the numbers his accountant was showing him.

There is NO SHAME in joining forces with another person to get a project off the groung. Up and running.

Look at some of the projects you may be familiar with on Sowpub... or created by Sowpub regulars.

There's the "Get Out Of Your Rut" product. Rick and Gordon.

Dien and I do The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet and The Great Ideas Letter. Both would be too much work for one person to handle. But together WE do it.

How else?

Big Customers

Want to grow your business. Make sure your customer are Large.

For example. Microsoft sold to IBM. They benefitted from IBM's largeness.

Businesses clamour all over themselves trying to win military contracts for all sorts of things - mess hall catering contracts for example. Because the military is a large customer.

There has been some talk on Sowpub about a gent who sells to Walmart. Now THAT is a large customer.

Selling to large customers can also make you large.

So... what large customers could do with buying your products? What service can you provide to a large customer?

Write it down. Don't just read this post, nod your head in agreement (or shake in disagreement). Actually pick up a pen (or pencil) and write stuff down on a real to life piece of paper. Black ink. Blue ink. Red ink. Crayon. Doesn't matter. Jot down your thoughts. Ideas. Get 'em out where you can see them.

Get a notepad or exercise book (Aussie slang for school book full of blank pages - whatever that is called in the US and UK). Write your ideas and thoughts in that. Create yourself an idea/thought journal.

Of course. If you go this Large Customer route, you may have to quickly get help in - subcontractors, temp staff, etc. Well so be it. Whatever it takes.

But you know. The moment you get the other people in you will suddenly find yourself with loads of free time. Maybe even enough time to keep track of your own financials :o)

Doubt your organizing ability?

Are you married?

If so... WHO organized the wedding?

You did?

So you organized a limo, catering, hall, church, clothing hire, entertainment and guests. AND... you had it all done at specific times of the day.

If you can organize a wedding you can organize your business to great growth!

Thanks for your time. I do hope you found it... entertaining/educational... made you think some.

Michael Ross

Consider The Great Ideas Letter