SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 27, 2020, 05:05 PM

Default Jupiter Thoughts

I have been hearing a number of folks in other places talking about asteroids coming our way because Jupiter is slightly out of orbit.

A number of "peppers" are talking about this.

Whether or not it is true, there are a number of places in the alternative news that follow this. There is a book written years ago by Larry Niven called "Lucifer's Hammer" that discusses a comet heading toward earth.

The reason I mention all this.... If someone acts quickly, a pepper's guide to surviving a disaster could make a few bucks. (I think I remember a book by Tess Penington) Not enough time to check right now.
Old July 27, 2020, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Default Ain't no cave deep enough, ain't no mountain high enough

to keep me from getting to you babe. Sings the comet with apologies to Marvin Gaye.

That's doomsday stuff. Best prep anyone can do is do some stretching exercise so they can bend far enough over to kiss....their whatever good bye.

But Millard, you do bring up a point. Many believe we are in the end of days. Some think boobies Trump is an angel, others he may be the Anti-Christ, although displaying supernatural powers to have nothing stick to him, who knows?

The extinction event could happen soon. I'm not preparing for it, nor expecting it, and not going to do anything when it comes (the comet); except make Bruce Willis get into a spaceship and try to save us all.

Crazy times??? MLB, the grand old game, America's game, just started back up, then, Miami (who would've thunk?!?). Let's see what happens in the DOME, at Disney FANTASY land.

I think the plan is to let it run wild, take out whomever it will, and then the rest of you can get on with your conspiracy and end of the world theories (Not aimed at you Millard, of course)l.

I'm a walking target, and think that it somehow will find me soon enough, precaution aside.

The idea of a quick down and dirty report, however, is right up my alley, and I may be a bit overambitious with mine. When I could just crank out HOTSHEETS and play all sides against the middle, that is a thought.

On a different note, my daughter pointed out that I was looking sort scraggly today, and she said; "If you look scraggly, maybe you feel scraggly too!"

Kid was right, a good shave, hot shower, and I feel like a whole different person, don't want any Comets to see me like I was. YIKES, might have scared it away.

Don't worry, the Chinese and Russians have their SPACE FORCES in place to protect us all.

Good times. Eh?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I have been hearing a number of folks in other places talking about asteroids coming our way because Jupiter is slightly out of orbit.

A number of "peppers" are talking about this.

Whether or not it is true, there are a number of places in the alternative news that follow this. There is a book written years ago by Larry Niven called "Lucifer's Hammer" that discusses a comet heading toward earth.

The reason I mention all this.... If someone acts quickly, a pepper's guide to surviving a disaster could make a few bucks. (I think I remember a book by Tess Penington) Not enough time to check right now.
Old July 28, 2020, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Jupiter Thoughts

Thanks Gordon, should be interesting to see how things shape up.

I am more concerned with all the malarky we have to go through when just going to the store to pick up a few things.

At least in my area we can still go to restaurants to grab a quick bite or get take out. A number of restaurants have just spaced tables farther and even the big buffet chain "Golden Corral" has opened its doors, although, their staff serves the food from stations rather than customers getting the food for themselves.

Who would have thought.

Millard
Old July 28, 2020, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Pot roast Sundays at the Golden Corral...good times.

My girlfriend loved MEAT Sundays at our local Golden Corral, and their pot roast was pretty good. Speaking of being full of malarky...

I may be, with my future views of the world. Time will tell.

It feels like there is such a pent up want/need to resume living, that the cost is going to be considered "collateral damage", albeit, I may be wrong.

The number of dead (and probably most being old dudes like me), will be considered a part of doing business. We'll see.

I liked the Asian mix at the Corral. Funny thing, one of the best Asian buffets I have ever been to was in Carlsbad, NM. That includes some in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore too. Who'd have thunk?? Carlsbad, freaking, New Mexico.

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Thanks Gordon, should be interesting to see how things shape up.

I am more concerned with all the malarky we have to go through when just going to the store to pick up a few things.

At least in my area we can still go to restaurants to grab a quick bite or get take out. A number of restaurants have just spaced tables farther and even the big buffet chain "Golden Corral" has opened its doors, although, their staff serves the food from stations rather than customers getting the food for themselves.

Who would have thought.

Millard