SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 1, 2011, 08:08 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default $700 a day... just for parking two trucks!

Imagine you're back in school...

Except now, in school - everyone has a cell phone!

The problem? Schools often don't like cellphones - they can be very distracting - and can confiscate them!

That can be a very expensive loss, having to replace your cell phone. A lot of kids also have iPhones and other "smart phones" which cost hundreds of dollars each!

Now... a business has solved the problem of confiscated cell phones!

(By the way, I found out about this from Dane Carlson's "Business Opportunities" blog - a great website to keep your eye on!)

One entrepreneurial guy keeps two trucks parked outside of two schools in the Bronx. He charges kids $1 to store their cellphones in one of his trucks for the day - so there's no danger they'll be confiscated at school.

With these two trucks - he serves 700 students a day!

If you add it all up - that's $700 a day. $3500 a week (for 5 days). For what? Basically, for parking two trucks!

This business could probably be replicated in many other places where schools confiscate cell phones...

You can read more here... http://www.business-opportunities.bi...ts-cellphones/

Best wishes,

Dien
Old November 1, 2011, 11:17 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: $700 a day... just for parking two trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBuckley View Post
I understand the concept behind this money making business ideas and yes it's an outside of the box idea, but I'm not seeing any reason why students would really need to pay a guy a dollar to hold their cell phone for the school day when they could just turn their cell phones off and keep them in their lockers utill the end of the school day. I personally would never hand my cell phone over to someone to hold for me if I had a choice, let alone have to pay for it, so I'm not seeing how this money making idea could really be a much needed service.

All the best,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your comments BUT....

Sounds like a man with no teenage kids. If a teenager can get to their phone then they WILL check their messages PERIOD!! And get caught and loss their phone.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell
Old November 1, 2011, 11:17 PM
Phil

Default Gotta Keep An Open Mind To Everything! From Toy to Tool: Cell Phones in Learning Plus

Much, much More! ...

Hi Dien,

Thanks for [Bringing] up (Re-Inventing) Cell Phone related ideas, opportunities and Possibilities...

Always Keep An Open Mind To Everything! ... Test, Test, Test and Test some More! ...

Bet with a Good Mix of Creativity with {The Juices} Flowing, there Are a Few More (Unique Hidden business ideas), opportunities and Possibilities Deep inside Just Waiting to be Kicked around into Many more ideas, Expansion & Never-Ending Growth...

From Toy to Tool: Cell Phones in Learning

A Conversation about Integrating Student cell phones into Classroom Curricula...
http://www.cellphonesinlearning.com/...ll-phones.html

Always do your Homework [Exceptionally] well with your Buddy Google & Company to Help Figure out and Understand overall Strategies and Marketplace potential(s) etc. etc...
http://www.google.com/search?q=cell+...ient=firefox-a
http://www.google.ca/search?q=cell+p...ient=firefox-a

All the best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : November 1, 2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional info...
Old November 2, 2011, 11:55 AM
RickC

Hi Martin,

I thought the same thing and did some research on this man. It's the real deal.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loca...ol-20101109-KC

I would have never thought a kid would pay someone each day to keep their cell phone for them. This man has it down to a science and makes sure he's doing everything he can to keep it safe and organized. It's ideas like this that astonish me. I'm wondering that if they are caught in school with a phone that perhaps they may need to pay to get it back? I'm not sure.

It does help that he's in New York (Bronx). I would still think that this idea would work successfully even in smaller cities/towns. Even at a smaller return, I bet it would still be very successful. I'm surprised he doesn't franchise, but maybe he doesn't what the hassle of doing all of that.

Great research Dien.
Old November 2, 2011, 12:56 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Rosell View Post
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your comments BUT....

Sounds like a man with no teenage kids. If a teenager can get to their phone then they WILL check their messages PERIOD!! And get caught and loss their phone.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Skip,

You are absolutely correct. If they can get to their phone, they will. End of story. A few of my teacher friends tell me cell phone use by students is a real problem. Also, as I understand it, even if the cell phone is off in N.Y., it is still subject to confiscation at the door if the student has it as they enter the school.

BTW, here is an unsolicited "buy now" testimonial for the report you list in your sig line. Absolutely genius. And, since I've bought a few of your reports, I need your SSAN so I can claim you as a dependent on my taxes ...

Have a great day,

Tom
Old November 2, 2011, 04:15 PM
Skip Rosell

Smile Re: $700 a day... just for parking two trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Skip,

You are absolutely correct. If they can get to their phone, they will. End of story. A few of my teacher friends tell me cell phone use by students is a real problem. Also, as I understand it, even if the cell phone is off in N.Y., it is still subject to confiscation at the door if the student has it as they enter the school.

BTW, here is an unsolicited "buy now" testimonial for the report you list in your sig line. Absolutely genius. And, since I've bought a few of your reports, I need your SSAN so I can claim you as a dependent on my taxes ...

Have a great day,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your order and kind words.

You right in NY they take it away even if you are not using the phone. They know, if the student has the phone they will be looking, for a place or way to use it.

Here is my ssan # 000-00-0001 Feeling a little old today.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell
Old November 2, 2011, 06:41 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Rosell View Post
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your order and kind words.

You right in NY they take it away even if you are not using the phone. They know, if the student has the phone they will be looking, for a place or way to use it.

Here is my ssan # 000-00-0001 Feeling a little old today.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

God I hope the IRS believes me when I put your ssan on my 1040

Have a great day...

Tom