SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 23, 2009, 12:38 PM
jfstraw

Default Will you survive ... today?

Did you eat today? -- Are you wearing clothing? -- Do you have a place, out of the elements, to sleep tonight?

What more do you need ... today?

You may want a ho'bunch of other things - but - all you need to survive TODAY is Food, Clothing and Shelter. Nothing else is necessary to your existence TODAY!

It doesn't even matter how meager your meals may be; or how ragged your clothing; or how dilapidated your housing ... you will survive TODAY, won't you?

As a matter of fact, even if you don't eat today, the clothing you have is insufficient to keep out the elements, and you have to sleep under a railroad bridge tonight, the chances are, you will survive ... at least until TOMORROW.

Think about it!

I'm not kidding. -- Stop for a moment and think about it!

Okay! Did you think about it?

What do you think that has to do with making a fortune?

Once you finally realize that, no matter what, you will survive TODAY, you will be prepared to spend the "time" necessary to get all the other things you want ... enough "time" to succeed, even make a fortune!

You just have to survive until you find what works for you - and - all you need to survive TODAY is Food, Clothing and Shelter. Nothing else is necessary to your existence TODAY! -- So ...

How many days can you go without eating before you really starve? -- How many days until you have to go naked, or sleep under a railroad bridge?

Jim

P.S. -- Don't just try to "survive" during the current Financial Crises, turn it into an opportunity to make your personal fortune. -- Let someone else teach you how to just "survive" ... if that's all you want. -- http://www.businesslyceum.com/DepressionProof.html?id-SOW
Old March 23, 2009, 04:03 PM
-TW

Default Jim Cramer lived in his car for 9 months - with a gun + HATCHET for protection!

http://www.basicfamouspeople.com/index.php?aid=6780

-- TW
Old March 23, 2009, 07:17 PM
Adman

Default Re: Will you survive ... today?

Hey Jim...."Today" thinking is fine...however....that is NOT what most of the 20% UNemployed in MY area (Douglas County, Oregun...where an Owl is more important than Humans)....are thinking about.

What they, and many of the other EMployed people are thinking about is.... TOMORROW!

Can they get food....TOMORROW?

Can they pay their mortgage....TOMORROW?

Can they provide for their families....TOMORROW?

What MOSt of the humans in my area are thinking about is....TOMORROW!

It is NOW coming around to the FACT that....the person "they" voted for.... for "CHANGE"....may NOT be the person who can allay their fears about... TOMORROW!

In fact...since this guy took the office of the Prez....many of the folks are NOW asking themselves whether they want HIS kind of "Change". And the more they see of "Our Prez" (on the Leno Show or 60 Minutes)...the more they are coming to realize they do not like the kind of "Change" HE is bringing.

"HE" is coming across as a "Doofuss"....causing further fear of what's going to happen...."TOMORROW".

So....granted...."Feed yourself today"...clothe yourself today, etc .... BUT....what about....TOMORROW? Many people HERE, in the Pacific Northwest may not get a restful sleep TONIGHT....worrying about what's going to happen....TOMORROW!

Don Alm.....storing up food, firewood and supplies.....and trying to give some "Hope" to those worrying about.....TOMORROW!
Old March 25, 2009, 01:33 AM
JimmyKrug

Default Re: Will you survive ... today?

Hey Jim,

I have to say I agree with you 100%. I had my lights turned off, no food in the refrigerator and have been on the verge of bankruptcy in my life. The lights were turned off while I was taking a shower!

I sat my butt down in a chair, picked up a Bible and said, "Lord, I'm going to follow your instructions in this book. If it doesn't work, I'm gonna burn the book and go to hell."

It probably sounds funny, to most of you sitting out there right now. The thing was, I was dead serious.

I came through that time in my life like a man tried by fire. The question is, can you be grateful for what you have in spite of what you don't?

I'm not talking about "The Secret" or something like that. I'm talking about the situation where you push every button and pull every lever you know and still... nothing good happens.

If you can still be grateful as you spiraling down the tubes, you truly have something that no book or course can give you.

I don't say this to minimize what's happening with you and the people around you, buddy. I really don't. But this country was founded by men who faced what seemed to be insurmountable odds and no guarantees for tomorrow.

What they did have was faith, gratitude and the hope of a better tomorrow. "In God We Trust" is the official motto of the United States and the State of Florida (where I live.) It's mine, too. Regardless of what the government does or doesn't do.

So don't lose heart, Don. It's not over, till it's over.

-Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman View Post
Hey Jim...."Today" thinking is fine...however....that is NOT what most of the 20% UNemployed in MY area (Douglas County, Oregun...where an Owl is more important than Humans)....are thinking about.

What they, and many of the other EMployed people are thinking about is.... TOMORROW!

Can they get food....TOMORROW?

Can they pay their mortgage....TOMORROW?

Can they provide for their families....TOMORROW?

What MOSt of the humans in my area are thinking about is....TOMORROW!

It is NOW coming around to the FACT that....the person "they" voted for.... for "CHANGE"....may NOT be the person who can allay their fears about... TOMORROW!

In fact...since this guy took the office of the Prez....many of the folks are NOW asking themselves whether they want HIS kind of "Change". And the more they see of "Our Prez" (on the Leno Show or 60 Minutes)...the more they are coming to realize they do not like the kind of "Change" HE is bringing.

"HE" is coming across as a "Doofuss"....causing further fear of what's going to happen...."TOMORROW".

So....granted...."Feed yourself today"...clothe yourself today, etc .... BUT....what about....TOMORROW? Many people HERE, in the Pacific Northwest may not get a restful sleep TONIGHT....worrying about what's going to happen....TOMORROW!

Don Alm.....storing up food, firewood and supplies.....and trying to give some "Hope" to those worrying about.....TOMORROW!
Old March 25, 2009, 01:00 AM
Phil

Default Will you survive ... today? On the other end of the Income in your Pocket puzzle...

You gotta be Smart, a little Frugal... Continually Saving for the Future...

Unfortunately, those ongoing Rainy days and Unknown problem Times can come up at a Moments notice and Zap you Big time...

Kinda a Sad story... But definitely Points for Not giving up... Definitely some Great lessons to learn...

Obviously Ken Karpman still got lotsa Smarts...

His excellent PR campaign and the Buzz he's getting in the Media is going to Land him some Nice up and coming Offers and Opportunities... Book deals etc. etc...

Although... Ken's sitting on a pile of Knowledge that he should be packaging, marketing and blogging about...

CEO 750,000 a year To 7,50 an hour pizza man
http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...pizza-man.html
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...p/?cl=12586266
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7111098&page=1

As suggested Many times before ... You gotta be Smart, a little Frugal... Continually Saving for the Future...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthre...next+ door%27

Phil
Old March 25, 2009, 10:56 AM
jfstraw

Default Serious stuff - but ...

Planning for TOMORROW can not be effectively done without first surviving TODAY.

The problem with Ken Kaufman is, like so many, he believed that all he had to do was open his business and the customers would come.

He really did no planning for TOMORROW. I would be willing to bet he never planned his marketing strategies, or even considered the marketing. All he probably thought about was making money for his customers but he didn't know how to get the customers.

The Boy Scouts say "Be Prepared." Another organization I belong to says to never take on a position you are not worthy and well-qualified to handle.

All you have to do is "survive" today but tomorrow takes planning.

Jim

Let me be your Personal Mentor ... http://www.businesslyceum.com/YourMentor.html?id=SOW
Old March 25, 2009, 02:39 PM
Phil

Default Re: Will you survive ... today? On the other end of the Income in your Pocket puzzle...

Proof is in the pudding once again...

And that's why I've always loved the media...

Not necessarily all the hype and politics...

But on the business side of things...

They can Help you tremendously...

Don't forget to keep those newsworthy press and media releases going on a regular basics...

If you or your business needs a little help...

Create a nice little Buzz for yourself in the Media and you'll be well on your way...

Hopefully Ken has learned a thing or two this time and just maybe he'll follow Jim's advice too...

Job offers pour in for millionaire pizza delivery guy

First ABC's 20/20 and Good Morning America contacted Ken to do reports. Now Dr. Phil and Oprah are calling.

More importantly, dozens of people have emailed ABC Action News.com reporter Don Germaise - who broke the story - to offer Karpman a job. Karpman says his phone is ringing off the hook and companies from all over the country are writing to offer him positions. Some are not much better than pizza delivery driver, but many are executive positions, with executive salaries...
http://www.abcactionnews.com/mostpop...Wy469-0TA.cspx

Phil

Last edited by Phil : March 25, 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: additional info