SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 22, 2020, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default Are you paddling with one oar in the water?

Report: status of SowPubbers, world at large??

-Does if feel like you are paddling your little boat in stagnant waters, and with only one oar, going in circles?

It seems the pause button has become the norm, doesn't it?

If your future is starting to feel a bit uncertain, if you are off the path you were on a few months ago, then this may be for you.

Over the weekend, I was surprised that someone sent me 10 bux for a report I hadn't thought about in years. It was one of the last Warrior Forum's WSO's that I ran, and for 10 bux it did ok. Most of you oldsters know I chose the low cost, peanuts on the bar, model for my works...offering a something a few times a year to a list of buyers who share the thought>>>

10 bux? OK, I'm in.

And I try not to disappoint, most feel they got fair value for that 10 bux. In this case he was searching for the Square One Workshops, which I asked Dien to hide while I worked on them, but I sent him the link to see what sort of feedback I might get, if any.

At the same time, other email was from some old timers I haven't heard from in forever and a couple of guys whom I thought had got lost...one is, literally, hiding in a cabin in the woods, without Internet access and poor cell service. YIKES?

A couple asked about chatteling, my answer was to them, sell to people who have money; and want to spend it (RV's Boats, Campers).

The report I sold, and don't even know where or how this person found it is:

GOLD FISH. It is called, HOW TO EXTRACT GOLD FROM A FISH'S MOUTH...

And with the bonus material, I have to say it was one of my better works, way back in 2008. Hard to believe it has been 12 years. Time and tides wait for no man.

But here we are. Stuck in the Covid Pandemic muck, spinning our wheels and being little hamsters on the treadmills of our lives. NOT all of us, of course.

Some of you are doing GANGBUSTERS, whatever that means.

So this will probably have little interest to you, please share your secrets for crying in the buckets.

A sign of hope were the ads in yesterdays mailer, all the BACK TO SCHOOL supplies. We know these were written weeks ago, but still, I saw a lot of hope on the part of the retailers. But where they once were sending out multiple page fliers, most were single pages. People are not RETURNING to the stores, not yet.

Which leads us to our little lake of the Internet. A sidebar: one of my earliest writings circa 1996 was about the lakes of the Internet, at that time I identified the OCEANS of ****, and education.

And the great lakes of Relationships, MONEY, Spiritual, Environment and thought (mirroring the five rings of the Square One Workshops circus of life).

Almost 25 years later, fortunes have been made in all the lakes and oceans, with a few more added. But ANYHOW,

back to you and your canoe.

You may have been shooting the rapids of life a few months ago...thrilled with your results, your adventures and income were gooood for you.

Then BLAM, punch to the face. Covid style.

And what I am hearing a lot of is, the feeling of being in the middle of the lake, without any oar at all, with mutations of fish swimming threatening beneath you, and the shore seemingly further away than ever.

Let alone our loved ones, family and friends who may have counted on us, whom we feel we might be letting down...do you have that feeling? Again, then this could be for you. Those making a killing, soaring to new heights, and feasting on the bones of dead roadrunners below...NOT for yoi.

See, I don't know YOUR future, or the future at all, even though I have spent a lot of time predicting it (with unnerving accuracy too)...

my crystal ball has gotten cloudy. But I do believe one thing...

whatever YOUR future is going to be,

it will be UP to you to make it happen.

Only thing I can do is toss you a couple of small paddles, to serve as oars, and tell you to paddle like crazy to get to a place, a cove perhaps, where you have the opportunity to be more certain, to fulfill your obligations and to be as successful as the times permit...which would be more than enough for most of us.

So, in that spirit, I ask for your help.

Let me know, which of these TITLES hold the most interest for you, vote here or send email (my preference) to [email protected]

A) How to Get Out of Stagnation and Into Surthrival

B) Overcome Uncertainty with Focused Activity

C) Where will you end up on the other side of the pandemic?

D) Become the person you know you were meant to be

E) Make more money, friends and gain influence while others linger

And my BRIBE for your response. I'll send you a copy of the GOLD FISH report if you take the time to let me know which of the titles appeals most to you, fair enough?

YES, yes, of course, I will then try to sell you my latest and newest report, written fresh from the waterfalls of the crooked river...but it will be a no brainer to buy and I guarantee your satisfaction, OK?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : July 22, 2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old July 23, 2020, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Are you paddling with one oar in the water.

Old July 23, 2020, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Are you paddling with one oar in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsansi View Post

Thanks jsani, if you would like the Gold Fish report, just send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send it pronto.

So far, your choice and C. Where will you end up on the other side of the pandemic.

One reader suggested a combo, and I am considering some "art" work, with two shorelines, one for the homeless in tent city, the other in safety and security...although I may foresee such an outcome, I have some "issues" with presenting it that way. I don't yet know.

But thanks for your choice.

Gordon

PS. Anyone who posts and wants the Gold Fish report, just send an email with GOLDFISH in the subject header, OK?
Old July 23, 2020, 07:23 PM

Default B) Overcome Uncertainty with Focused Activity

Thanks Gordon,

How DO You Scrape the GOLD off a GoldFish?

I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - I've Done the "ONE OAR ROWE BOAT Experience."

My Dad liked to DRIVE.

He drove over 1 Million miles - with me in the Back seat. Saying, "Are we there Yet?"

Once we were 1000 miles up into the Center of Canada.

Hotel with big Lake in front.

and a Wooden Boat.

Two Long - heavy ass- wooden Oars.

I was up at 6 am with NOBODY around.

BETCHA I am one of the few People you know who KNOWS what's it's like to ROW IN CIRCLES.

I discovered.

My Right Arm was A Lot Stronger than my left.

And I didn't have the "TOUCH".

The oars slid over the water or Dug in.

I spent some time in the middle of the lake - figuring out how to GET BACK to the dock!
Old July 25, 2020, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Row, row, row your boat, gently round the lake...

Thanks Glenn,

Title is coming up a hybrid, and will probably be along the lines of:

Overcome Pandemic Uncertainty with Focused Activity. Sub head:

How to steer your boat to the shores of future success, and avoid the shores of destruction. (Working on it).

There are a lot of people who will be surprised to find out what they are doing today, which works, is going to be a dead end come the near future.

But there are EVERGREEN markets, and niches within those, where a savvy person can target and assure themselves they end up on the shores of self determination and not land in desolation row.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Gordon,

How DO You Scrape the GOLD off a GoldFish?

I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - I've Done the "ONE OAR ROWE BOAT Experience."

My Dad liked to DRIVE.

He drove over 1 Million miles - with me in the Back seat. Saying, "Are we there Yet?"

Once we were 1000 miles up into the Center of Canada.

Hotel with big Lake in front.

and a Wooden Boat.

Two Long - heavy ass- wooden Oars.

I was up at 6 am with NOBODY around.

BETCHA I am one of the few People you know who KNOWS what's it's like to ROW IN CIRCLES.

I discovered.

My Right Arm was A Lot Stronger than my left.

And I didn't have the "TOUCH".

The oars slid over the water or Dug in.

I spent some time in the middle of the lake - figuring out how to GET BACK to the dock!