SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 9, 2016, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Default Chemicals and Specialty Products are still golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascendedmind View Post
Thank you Dien & Gordon,

regarding toll positions what type of products &/or plastic injection molds has Harvey implied to avoid?

He knows how to recognize winners instantly.

It appears the product would have to have definite competitive advantage over similar type products & be priced competitively while still being profitable for all parties involved.

Dien or Gordon would you ever consider uploading any of Harvey Brody's Courses for all to learn from? I also believe E Joseph Cossman's course http://www.cossman.com/ should be studied as his teachings are timeless too & complements Harvey's Toll Position strategy.

His 30 minute infomercial video for his course is pure gold w/o any hype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swy...ature=youtu.be

He clearly says to avoid any product or service w/o paying to acquire an exclusive distribution license.

Again, I'll let Dien speak for himself.

As for "products" and TOLL Positions...

I've never dealt with injection molds, not my interest...he never implied any to me to avoid, his evaluation process has two parts...

the PEOPLE
AND the product itself. Since he's been at this for 60 years, his Rolodex is exhaustive, so it should be no surprise he has the ability to 'instantly KNOW" about potential markets.

I think a look at what he is DOING, probably gives more answers than any course he might offer up. The COSSMAN concept is similar, OWNERSHIP and/or

CONTROL of a product.

Ben Suarez gained control via an exclusive marketing agreement for Eden Pure heaters and according to his website, has sold over a BILLION dollars of that ONE product. The guy who brought him the heater, the one with the agreement has fared well too.

The problem often is the time it takes to find a product to leverage, and the amount of negotiations.

Now, if this link works...meet another of the TOLL position proteges...

https://sdkhunter.com/archives/33

Here you find a story about a different kind of TOLL, one which resonates more with ME than molds, oils or specialty products.

Sherman Hunter also "preaches" suitcase businesses, and the Joint Venture way to rapid success.

We have NO rights to publish any of Harvey's stuff, we're lucky he allows us to share what insights we have gained from our private and personal conversations.

His grandsons have access to his warehouse and his material is available on eBay.

Dien may feel differently, but in my opinion, this PuBlic forum is not an appropriate place to discuss any details about this type of a business...and when you really THINK about it...

posting information for PUBLIC consumption would pretty much go against
the whole idea of

having a TOLL position, would it not?

Both Dien and myself are willing to answer general questions, and pass on what Harvey has allowed us to, regarding his concepts, but you won't see us "speaking out of class". Also, and without offense intended to anyone...

even this small little boutique forum, because it is public...

sometimes feels like we're casting the Pearls into the Pig Pen.

There is a great amount of information out there, readily available and the first question I would ask, is, What have you done already?

Thanks for asking about this, Harvey Brody and Joe Cossman and others offer up something different from what most people hear about and even then, the ones that do know of this stuff...

seldom DO anything with it.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I grew up with Paper and Ink, and today, CREATION and Acquisition are the ways and means to virtual P&I, or information, products. I like Intellectual Property, IP, in all its shapes and forms.