SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 5, 2021, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Default Watch this old Joe Cossman video, and then get your questions ready for

A new HARVEY BRODY webinar, coming soon. He'll cover the questions you may have, and watching ol Joe Cossman in action, might set you to thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JlfhuHt5oc
Old August 5, 2021, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default I've never heard of Harvey Brody (reprise)...get this all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
A new HARVEY BRODY webinar, coming soon. He'll cover the questions you may have, and watching ol Joe Cossman in action, might set you to thinking.

So, some Facebook types are looking for guests on their webinars and podcasts and when I put forth Harvey Brody, most have never heard of him.

And maybe you haven't either. But Gary Halbert knew him well, as does Dan Kennedy, and Jay Abraham...and Joe Cossman knew him, as did Joe Karbo, Ben Suarez, Melvin Powers, Jim Straw, and just about every modern day marketer over the age of 40, and that is OLD these days, isn't it?

Harvey Brody is the Godfather of TOLL POSITION strategy. He has simple advice...get a TOLL POSITION and then parlay that into another one and another one.

Few know how to do it.

What questions do you have for him?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : August 5, 2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old August 5, 2021, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default Joe Cossman's steps to success. Here they are.

Quote:

Step one. Have something to sell.
A. Create
B. Acquire (faster)
C. Secure the source, control.

Step two. Protect. Copyright, trademark, patent, or other.

Step three. Test the market. Proof of concept. Feelers.

Step four. Feedback and adjustment, refine.

Step five. Back to market and scale it up.

Step six. FEEDBACK. Adjustment.

Step seven. Roll out. And PARLAY.

Use these 7 steps for your own...
Old August 7, 2021, 03:22 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How Joe Cossman inspired me to try to get my first deal...

Quote:

Thanks Gordon,

I still love Joe Cossman!

The first entrepreneurial book I ever bought was a little known book co-written by Joe Cossman, called "Making it!: Wealth-Building Secrets from Two Great Entrepreneurial Minds" by E. Joseph Cossman and William A. Cohen...

Still a great book!

That book inspired me to try to get exclusive distribution rights for a product (a colloidal silver product)... I didn't succeed in that case, as they already had a distributor. But they tried to interest me in a separate product they had (which I didn't take them up on)...

(This would have been around 1995...)

At the time, I was a student, sharing a rental place with a health nut into all kinds of alternative health therapies. He had an amazing book collection, and I read a book about colloidal silver among his books...

(He also had another book on the health benefits of drinking your own urine... Bleccch! Haven't tried that one...!)

Looking forward to the new info!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 7, 2021, 03:39 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Another tidbit (more related to health)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
At the time, I was a student, sharing a rental place with a health nut into all kinds of alternative health therapies. He had an amazing book collection, and I read a book about colloidal silver among his books...

(He also had another book on the health benefits of drinking your own urine... Bleccch! Haven't tried that one...!)
Here's a health-related tidbit!

I run into my former roommate (we actually shared an apartment 25 or so years ago) every now and then, and he's still into health and longevity...

Last time I met him (a few years ago), he was doing a waitering job. He didn't really need the money, I don't think, but he was doing it for the health!

"You have to keep moving," he told me... He was doing waitering because it kept him on his feet, kept him physically moving, and movement is good for health and longevity...

(And here I am sitting on my tuckus...)

He was also saving up money to retire (and hopefully live like a king) in the Philippines!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : August 7, 2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old August 8, 2021, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Location, location and what? Location?

Living like a king, in the P.I. Except for Baguio I can't imagine the P.I. as a full time castle. A little too tropical for me.

But it brings up a point.

Living like a king in NYC, LA, and other urban hot spots requires more treasure than living in, say, Ohio rural. No problem if you know how to generate the moolah as needed.

Of course, might be more fun watching a Broadway show than watching the cows come home.

A compromise might be living on the cheaper landscape which puts more coin in the bank, which can be used for extended or more often trips to the big city, if so inclined.

Sure, to each his own and all that, but isn't it great to have the options and choose where and when you want to live?

Of course, a suitcase or brief case business, a mobile business, a Toll Position, a passive income gives one more choices.

But having a roost to come back to when the sun comes up, may be one ideal way to go about it, eh?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Here's a health-related tidbit!

I run into my former roommate (we actually shared an apartment 25 or so years ago) every now and then, and he's still into health and longevity...

Last time I met him (a few years ago), he was doing a waitering job. He didn't really need the money, I don't think, but he was doing it for the health!

"You have to keep moving," he told me... He was doing waitering because it kept him on his feet, kept him physically moving, and movement is good for health and longevity...

(And here I am sitting on my tuckus...)

He was also saving up money to retire (and hopefully live like a king) in the Philippines!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 11, 2021, 04:20 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Traveling where you want... continuously...

Quote:
Living like a king, in the P.I. Except for Baguio I can't imagine the P.I. as a full time castle. A little too tropical for me.

But it brings up a point.

Living like a king in NYC, LA, and other urban hot spots requires more treasure than living in, say, Ohio rural. No problem if you know how to generate the moolah as needed.

Of course, might be more fun watching a Broadway show than watching the cows come home.

A compromise might be living on the cheaper landscape which puts more coin in the bank, which can be used for extended or more often trips to the big city, if so inclined.

Sure, to each his own and all that, but isn't it great to have the options and choose where and when you want to live?

Of course, a suitcase or brief case business, a mobile business, a Toll Position, a passive income gives one more choices.

But having a roost to come back to when the sun comes up, may be one ideal way to go about it, eh?
Hi Gordon,

I forgot that you've probably been to the Philippines (in your navy days)!

I've never been there... though I've been to other places in SouthEast Asia and East Asia...

One appeal, of course, is a cheap cost of living! (The other appeal is adventure!)

My former roommate is probably not the type who would be good at making a living from his laptop...

But... if one wants to retire to exotic overseas locations, or even live there before retiring... (apart from Covid) it's easier than ever...

I do believe we'll get to some kind of "normal" - and it will become more feasible again...

Of course, people ARE still doing it during Covid (though in my observation, they tend to be younger folks)...

We're thinking of doing something like that a few years down the track, for a little while anyway... (We'll see what happens!)

One guy I follow on YouTube - Alexander White - is a youngish (in his 20s I think?) American guy who's doing that...

He made a video on how he did it.

- When he started out, he was teaching English overseas, as many do... (He started in Vietnam.)
- He then got to teaching English online (with live video), which freed him from having to be at a certain location
- He also found that he could sell his services editing people's videos, which he could also do remotely... (His customers could be anywhere in the world...)
- He then started making his own YouTube videos, and over time, he made money that way
- Over time, he found he made more and more from his YouTube videos, and gradually reduced his English teaching and video editing services...

Here's his video where he talks about this (filmed in Bali)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0vUJvSdR4

But... you could do even better when you know about toll positions, and (the other thing I'm getting big on), how to compete...

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Also along these lines, I know of an Australian copywriter, Brian Cassingena, who lived for about a year in Bangkok, Thailand... If you're a copywriter, you don't have to be located in any particular location...