SOWPub Small Business Forums  
 

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

 

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 19, 2021, 08:04 AM
MikePT MikePT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 127
Default Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!

Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 19, 2021, 07:35 PM
Dien Rice Dien Rice is online now
Onwards and upwards!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,931
Default Some off-the-cuff thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.
Hi Mike,

My impression is that an "anchor" is quite a manly symbol...

I really don't know your market. So my "off the cuff" thoughts (which could be wrong) would be...

- Some men find the symbol quite manly, and like it for that reason. (What comes to my mind are the anchors on the forearms of Popeye!)



- Possibly your customers have some connection to ocean-related activities, such as being in the navy, or perhaps they own a boat, or they enjoy scuba-diving, etc.

The best thing to do, of course (as you said), is to ask them... After they buy, send a friendly email and ask them whey they bought it...!

Best wishes,

Dien
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 20, 2021, 06:14 AM
MikePT MikePT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 127
Default Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!

Hi Dien,

Thanks for your reply!

I agree with you, I think majority are those 2 points:

1 - Masculinity symbol;

2 - Ocean-related activities;

The Popeye is a good example: masculinity + ocean related activities.

Maybe the Popeye is my customer avatar!

Regards!

MikePT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 20, 2021, 06:29 PM
Glenn Glenn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,026
Default According to THIS An ANCHOR in Jewelry has Many Meanings

Thanks Mike,

SCARY # of meanings for the Anchor in Jewelry.

You will Have to Thank Reward and BRIBE your buyers to TELL you why they buy.

Because this will make you dizzy,

Glenn

https://www.neatie.com/importance-of...oes-it-signify
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 21, 2021, 12:20 PM
GordonJ's Avatar
GordonJ GordonJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 3,003
Default Well, back in the day...when I sold jewelry, I didn't.

When I was writing for jewelry, I seldom sold the jewelry. But found a story to go with it, even in sheet catalog sales, there was some sort of a story attached.

I would offer a compass to compliment the anchor. The anchor is the symbol of staying put, the compass is the symbol of pulling up anchor and heading out.

"There's a ship lies rigged and ready in the harbor,
Tomorrow for old England she sails..." Opening lyrics of LAST FAREWELL. Listen to that song, and it is a story of both anchors and compasses.

If it were me, I'd have a story about anchors and how they can be calming, staying put, safe harbors, safety in relationships, and how the compass is not only the polar opposite of an anchor, but they are the ying/yang of adventures, new experiences, new adventures, breaking out of comfort zones.

I would think of MAUD MULLER, and the one hour adventure that haunted two people for the rest of their lives.

But, that's only what I would do.

Gordon



Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 22, 2021, 09:42 AM
MikePT MikePT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 127
Default Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!

Hi Gleen,

I already suspected I should bribe my customers in exchange on they sharing why they bought it.

Makes sense the significance on the link you shared.

Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 22, 2021, 10:24 AM
MikePT MikePT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 127
Default Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!

Hi Gordon,

In fact I tried out the model with a compass.

In fact it seems that it is the model with an anchor that is more successful, it seems to me that the symbol is the most important.

I question if perhaps it could also be nautical accessories, related to the sea.

Even because we in Portugal have a culture related to the sea, who knows the history, we were the discoverers of the world. We are connected to the sea.

Any copy suggestions to ask my list why they bought the bracelet?

Thanks for answering.

MikePT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 23, 2021, 10:38 AM
GordonJ's Avatar
GordonJ GordonJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 3,003
Default My thought is about the thinking...why the need for "copy"?

You have a list. They bought a bracelet.

One. A simple email, WHY did you buy this bracelet?

Two. A Glenn Osborn "bribe", a free something for feedback.

Three. A quiz or questionnaire.

Those need words, not copy, when thinking about copy, one has a tendency to want to get an outcome, you need facts, reasons why, right?

But other than that, I don't know enough to render any useful ideas on your business model.

Gordon


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Hi Gordon,

In fact I tried out the model with a compass.

In fact it seems that it is the model with an anchor that is more successful, it seems to me that the symbol is the most important.

I question if perhaps it could also be nautical accessories, related to the sea.

Even because we in Portugal have a culture related to the sea, who knows the history, we were the discoverers of the world. We are connected to the sea.

Any copy suggestions to ask my list why they bought the bracelet?

Thanks for answering.

MikePT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 23, 2021, 10:51 AM
MikePT MikePT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 127
Default Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!

Thanks Gordon.

Do you think the questionnaire could be this?


Do you bought because:


1) You like the visual;

2) You like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) You like nautic and sea related acessories;

4) You like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt;

5) You like the symbol of the anchor, it has an significance for you if yes what?;

6) You can see well the bracelet on the photos of the advertising;


MikePT
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 23, 2021, 02:16 PM
GordonJ's Avatar
GordonJ GordonJ is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 3,003
Default I doubt if you get a response, too many questions.

How about, What is your favorite thing about the bracelet you bought from me and how might I make it even better?

But the answer is, you have to TEST, TEST, TEST.

Gordon


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Thanks Gordon.

Do you think the questionnaire could be this?


Do you bought because:


1) You like the visual;

2) You like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) You like nautic and sea related acessories;

4) You like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt;

5) You like the symbol of the anchor, it has an significance for you if yes what?;

6) You can see well the bracelet on the photos of the advertising;


MikePT
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Other recent posts on the forum...


Seeds of Wisdom Publishing (front page) | Seeds of Wisdom Business forum | Seeds of Wisdom Original Business Forum (Archive) | Hidden Unusual Business Ideas Newsletter | Hotsheet Profits | The Art of Leverage | The Success Report | Persuade via Remote Influence | Affia Band | The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet | The SeedZine (Entrepreneurial Ezine) | The Fly Low Collect Dough Update Hotline

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.