SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 8, 2012, 08:51 AM
Bozo

Default Michael's Golden Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post

7 - Do not try to control other people. Let them be who they think they want to be, doing the things they want to do. You don't own them, they are not your slave. Leave them alone. Suddenly you won't be fighting against a person struggling to not be controlled.

Treat others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
1 - Ditch the negative people in your life. I don't give a toss who they are (brother, sister, so-called friend). if they are crabs dragging you back down into the bucket you're trying to climb out of, ditch 'em. And I mean, Fully. Don't even entertain their whiny phone calls trying to lay guilt trips on you for ditching them. Remove them from your life. Now you are free of that crud.

As you would have them treat you...

Make the above changes in your life, and set yourself free of all that negative BS.

So many people will consult with a friend, wife, husband, co-worker, cousin, when they are a tiny bit unsure of a path. Invariably they will be shown why their plan won't work.

When you have an idea, or a plan for something new, just do it. If you ask advice / permission, you're doomed at the beginning.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:19 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: Michael's Golden Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
So many people will consult with a friend, wife, husband, co-worker, cousin, when they are a tiny bit unsure of a path. Invariably they will be shown why their plan won't work.

When you have an idea, or a plan for something new, just do it. If you ask advice / permission, you're doomed at the beginning.

I agree and disagree concurrently.

A lot of "good judgement learned from bad judgement" can be avoided by ASKing question. However, I feel they need to be the right questions to Ask and for the Right Person to be Asked.

The BFF is not the right person to ask of anything. Most relatives are also not the right people to ask. Nor other family members. Nor co-workers. They have done less research then you (usually) so it's a waste of time asking them.

The right person to ask is someone who has the experience on the topic at hand. The right question is not "can I" "Should I" or "what do you think" - although a "what do you think" question can be used on occasion.

You can ask WHAT your options are - not which option to take, but which options are available to you. You can ask How something can be done - not whether it should be done.

Michael