Go to the Main Business Forum page

Step One. CHOOSE your TARGET. [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Step One. CHOOSE your TARGET.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

GordonJ
July 15, 2018, 02:45 PM
Not AMAZING. Most of the people who quickly responded are people who have bought from me for years. Some over a decade.

Must be doing something right. I did not, however, offer them something else to buy, but in my thank you email, along with the Hotsheet, I did tell them what I was thinking about, and in this way, the OTO or bonus was an opportunity to be part of the COLLABORATORS GROUP.

Some knew I was testing, others wanted a ground floor position, just in case we had something to work with. Different reasons for different folks, but I think it safe to say, ALL had some idea of what they were going to get.

They have enough Gordonesque items on their computers, they had a good feel for what was headed their way.

Sure, Amazon and the gang thank you for your purchase and try to upsell you, but, few do much with the lifetime value, although Amazon is getting better and better at it.

It was, to me, always the missing element in the old AIDCA formula, sure grab attention, get them interested, give them a decision, conclude with the offer and the action.

I have always added the S, the Satisfaction on that formula, you'll see posts here from 18 years ago with the S added on.

It should be a goal for everyone who wants to build a sustainable business, and the way to do that is on Satisfaction.

Using the Archives again, you will find over the last 25 years I have NOT been satisfied with:

SEARS, RadioShack, hh gregg, Vitamin World, GolfSmith, Gold Circle, May Company...and many others, lesson, if Gordon has bad service, you go out of business.

So don't mess with me.

I think you should make SATISFACTION the first thought, the first thing when you look for opportunity, how can you satisfy your customer?

Now I'll go backwards. These probably are 4 through 10, but I'll go back to ZERO, THEN Minus 1,-2 (getting down to my old golf handicap) and then maybe add and adjust if you have anything to add.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.