Go to the Main Business Forum page

How to evaluate a Biz-Op like a Shark, for fun and P R O F I T !!! [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to evaluate a Biz-Op like a Shark, for fun and P R O F I T !!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GordonJ
July 12, 2019, 11:31 AM
Hi Gordon,

I absolutely agree with you... Knowing how to value a business is a critical and important skill!

And as you say, there's money in being able to do it.

For example, let's say you value a business at $250,000... Yet the owner is willing to sell it for $50,000.

There's a potential $200,000 profit in it for you right there...

Why? The simplest way is you could buy it, and sell it for a higher price.

Or another way is, you could buy it, and then get investors (who invest at a higher valuation than you did)...

Of course, if you're planning to invest your own time and money into a business you're going to start yourself, it's important too...

Gordon, I'd love to learn more!

Best wishes,

Dien

I love our sharing dynamic Dien, and you have been most generous with sharing your knowledge, experiences over the years. It is always great to talk to you and we communicate well via email.

I'd be glad to discuss this privately, especially if you have an opportunity you are considering...

BUT, and this has more to do with my other focus (which you are aware of) and the use of my time...I just don't find talking into the well and hearing my own echoes to be a very good use of it.

And today, that is what SowPub feels like to me.

You and I can talk whenever you have time, and I always have time for YOU.

Just too busy to spend time talking to the wall.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.