Go to the Main Business Forum page

My two cents [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My two cents

Boyd Stone
April 26, 2001, 10:32 AM
Hi!

First, the compulsive communicator and posting addict in me has to post this observation:

Most of our ("our" means you, me and everyone reading this) competition Sucks!! To succeed brilliantly one only has to do a little bit better job than the competition, and that is Easy to do because, as I said above, most of the competition totally doesn't know what they're doing!

Gordon wrote:
> Along with that, only more niched, is the
> RESUME WRITER. No surprise there, a sky full
> of pink slips produce a rainbow of profits
> for resume/job search services. Makes sense,
> right?

In another message you told how you outsourced part of the resume creation job, and that's obviously the best way to make a lot of money as a resume write: create an organization or a resume machine consisting of you and people to do most of the grunt work, and then just run the machine at high speed.

Gordon wrote:
> And the last of today's FIVE (there are
> others I'll get into later) is....

> the SOHO (home based) Mailorder business.

Totally agree, and I'd just add marketing affiliate programs to that, but you have to do it as a business not as a hobby.

Gordon wrote:

> Many of the web sites run from home that
> produce Executive Income (and this is hard
> to verify)...seem to be very well focused on
> a niche.

They're well focused on a niche (or a group of niches) and the webmaster has to be a professional. It's doable, though not easy, to become a professional: it requires time, effort and membership in a community in which correct information is available and shared. You'll know you've found the right community for you because it will provide milestones to let you know where you are on the ladder of success and what you still have to do.

Hope this wasn't a waste of Dien's bandwidth or my time...

- Boyd

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page