Go to the Main Business Forum page

If Jeffrey Epstein wasn't friendly with Trump, Clinton and others... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If Jeffrey Epstein wasn't friendly with Trump, Clinton and others...

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
September 7, 2019, 10:47 PM
I was just reviewing the FORBES list of BILLIONAIRES, and I would lose any trivia game involving 99% of them. Sure we all know some of the names, we see them a lot. I was impressed with Kylie Jenner, whom I couldn't pick out of a Kardashian/Jenner line-up and how lean her company has 7 full time and 5 part time employees, because... according to FORBES:

Manufacturing and packaging is outsourced to Seed Beauty, a private-label producer in nearby Oxnard, California. Sales and fulfillment are handled by online merchant Shopify. Her shrewd mother, Kris, takes care of finance and PR in exchange for the 10% management fee she siphons from all of her kids. Marketing is done mostly through social media, where Jenner has a massive following. She announces product launches, previews new items and announces the Kylie Cosmetics shades she’s wearing directly to the 175 million-plus who follow her across Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

They also tout her as being self made. REALLY????

Whatevs, but we can learn a thing or two about her company, sort of reminds me of Harvey Brody, who has only his wife and daughter and no other employees, because he too is a TOLL POSITION with his product.

KYLIE IS the toll booth.
Hi Gordon,

That's a fascinating example... Here, the person (Kylie Jenner) herself is the toll booth...

And I think that can be true for any famous person. They are, themselves, the toll booth...

Trump is an interesting case himself. He tried to make it in real estate... We know, at one point, he was worth something like -$900 million (that's a minus sign in front of it)! He was personally around $900 million in the hole... (Reference. (https://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2017/08/27/trump-king-of-debt-the-debt-ceiling-crisis-and-the-politico-media-complex/))

Then, he changed his business model. He used his fame...

His business model then became, slap the Trump brand on things. Other people put up the money, and pay him to use the Trump brand. If the business goes under, it doesn't matter to him... He got paid. It's those who put up the money who lose...

Now, of course, it's the presidency which is the toll position. Do you want favorable treatment from President Trump? He's the only US president there is. If you want to be treated well, then you better pay to stay in one of his hotels...

Toll positions.

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page