Go to the Main Business Forum page

Do you have a "brainery" in your neck of the woods? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a "brainery" in your neck of the woods?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

GordonJ
September 21, 2019, 10:49 AM
I've got some experience with WordPress. I'm using it to build my site. I'm using a page builder (which runs on top of WordPress) called Elementor. It's very versatile. Anyway, I don't know if there's a WordPress theme that would do what you want. There might be. I haven't researched it at all.

I looked at the Brooklyn Brainery site with some web developer tools that are included with FireFox. I couldn't tell for sure if they're using WordPress or not. They might be.

That said, I don't think it would be too hard to emulate their site using WordPress and Elementor.

Rick

WordPress has several plug ins, but so far, Events Calendar Pro by Showcase seems the most robust and hands free, but I'm just starting.

I want the software to do the work, not me. So, I'm more willing to invest in a ready solution, where I can remain an idiot and still collect the dough.

Eventually, I'd want the people to book their own courses, and what the software is, is basically my receptionist, money collector, and scheduler. I'm just providing either space or CUSTOMERS, so that is what I'm thinking.

May start with a few low cost, 25 dollar workshops to test the waters. Still thinking about this.

Thanks for your ideas.

GJA

PS Here is an example of a calendar site built on Events Calendar Pro which I like the look of. https://yerbabuenagardens.com/events/

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page