Go to the Main Business Forum page

I think he deserves an award... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I think he deserves an award...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GordonJ
February 17, 2020, 09:04 AM
I'm talking of the legendary J F (Jim) Straw

I always find his explanations on business terms and concepts practical and universally applicable

As he once said: "Applications may change but business methods NEVER change"

Sadly the last time I checked, his Business Lyceum site was down

Which is why whoever put up this mirror site deserves a FREE year's delivery of their favourite beverage:

https://businesslyceum.netlify.com/

I'm sharing this again because I want more beginners and newbies to know they should FOCUS on the fundamentals.

And one of the ways I know to master the fundamentals is to study ANYTHING by J F (Jim) Straw.

Who else has found Straw helpful in his journey? Please share.

Study is good. Application of the lesson is even better, eh?

Which of Jim's ideas or strategies have you used and benefited from?

I embrace his "mastermind" concept, no more than 3 but the best is only 2 people in synch. Also, his sellers are buyers idea has been a profitable insight I've used over the years.

As for the sites. Not sure who is running them, the newer one, www.jimjfstraw.com is a bit bothersome for me. Recently Ted Nicholas passed and his son sent a touching email, and told why he was keeping the business alive. It made sense.

At the new www.jimjfstraw.com site, there is no mention of Jim's passing, the site is presented as if he were still alive and chugging along, I find that a bit disconcerting.

But he definitely gave us all something we could bank on. What nuggets of Jim's have you used and gained from?

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page