Go to the Main Business Forum page

Restocking the Y2K bunker. [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Restocking the Y2K bunker.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Dien Rice
March 12, 2020, 03:06 PM
Tomorrow I'm attending TWO webinars, on basically, how to cash in. Don't think I'll learn anything new, been down this road a few times.

Reviewing some of the advice from Y2K, my opinion hasn't changed....BE prepared.

IF I come across something interesting or new, or some pithy advice, or some real world how to prosper during hard times I will happily share them.

Food, water, clothing. Shelter. Toilet Paper, etc., etc. ya know, the essentials.

Opportunist? Hard not to be when panic is on the Street.
Hi Gordon,

I've been thinking... For some, the coronavirus pandemic will create an opportunity...

I don't say that to "mock" those for whom this will be a tragedy...

But... for those who can "hunker down" and self-isolate, it could be an opportunity to finally get those projects done... Get those books written. Get those courses made. Or even learn some new marketing skills...

One area where I believe there will be opportunity will be in many of the "traditional" arts.

I've been to a few supermarkets over the last week... Where I'm at (in Australia), toilet paper is gone gone gone...

The weird thing is, we are assured there is actually no shortage of toilet paper, or an expected shortage. Australia apparently makes about one-third of the toilet paper sold locally here, and it can be easily ramped up as needed. But people are panic-buying...

Other store shelves will be cleared out too. Easily stored foods. Maybe even items of clothing. All kinds of medicines...

This will cause a demand for people to want to learn how to do things... How to preserve vegetables. How to make their own clothes. How to use traditional medicines (when the pharmaceutical brands are out of stock)... I've even seen online articles on how to make a home-made surgical-style face-mask...

Knowing how to create and sell info-products and courses online is a huge advantage in times like these... Something we've been talking about (and doing) here at Sowpub for just under 20 years...

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page