Go to the Main Business Forum page

Can I have acess to any NPGS Update Hotline newsletter? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can I have acess to any NPGS Update Hotline newsletter?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

GordonJ
May 2, 2020, 02:58 PM
Hi Gordon!

Well, not anything in specific. I just wanted to read them. The old school stuff is my favorite.

Do you have any recommendation on good newsletters? Beside Gary Halbert.
And the present Dan Kennedy newsletter, I don't like it so much.

And by the way, I searched about the book SuperBiz, and you say here on the Fórum for small potatoes SuperBiz could be better.

I have 7 steps to freedom II, do you think is worth to get it?

Thanks!

Those newsletters featured a product and the promotion used to sell it, it was during their heyday with Sweeps and a lot of jewelry. I was never big on using Sweeps, albeit it made millions for some. I can't think of a single valuable lesson in any of the 26 or so newsletters which would apply today.

Although he was early online, and sold computers, Ben and SCI missed the boat of Internet Marketing, even today, they are very old fashioned and maybe their sales (or lack of them??) reflect that.

SuperBiz wasn't even as good as Ben's brother, Rick, his book on the mail order business, and there were literally hundreds of such books during this time and nothing of BREAKTHROUGH, the closest SCI got was when Marlon Sanders sent us a letter regarding his gang test methods on AOL and CompuServe, and at that time, no one really cared (but me).

I saw the writing on the wall, and took action to get online and make it work. The giant company had infighting, drama, personality and ego, and eventually fell apart, today, it is a mere shadow of what it used to be.

Just my opinion, I too love some reading of old school stuff, but that is purely recreational/memory refreshment.

Except for general sales principles, and even those are dated, I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their time getting these OLD (and mostly dead or dying) masters, when there are so many great opportunities today, they could never wrap their heads around.
c
Don't keep one foot in the old world, take an occasional glance back and look forward to tomorrow, that is my advice.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page