Go to the Main Business Forum page

He said, "You're going about this all wrong." [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : He said, "You're going about this all wrong."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

GordonJ
May 18, 2021, 02:13 PM
Full circle to Nap Hill and TAGR, where he talks about invisible guides, his imaginary Mastermind group, which took on a life of its own and other ideas.

Just before we started SowPub, I went to meet a woman who was, at that time, the first Dream Analyst from a college, a Ph.D. in Dreams...introduced to her via Joe Hammer; magician, marketer and guru in his own right.

We were discussing the possibility of doing an information product, although she was very cautious and didn't want to turn it into some new agey thing, so she declined on making a set of tapes to market, although she did have her own products for 'PROFESSIONALS' only.

Well during this discussion I brought up my early days with hypnotherapist Fran Renner, who first taught me to try to guide my dreams and get information from them...and at one time, I was very good at it...then life>>>
>>>>> marriage, kids, work, jobs etc., etc. kind of got that all clouded over.

It requires discipline and habit, but I believe anyone who makes a conscious effort can tap into their dreams (subconscious) and pluck out useful information which could benefit them and others too.

The IMAGINATION is the most powerful tool we have.

Combine that with a knowledge of human behavior, and states of consciousness and we can see how some success is accelerated. Taylor Swift had a lot of influence as a young person, when the mind is more open, and when music is being learned and studied, which can itself put us in a trance like state. ;)

From my SQ1 practical application view from the rooftop, I see applications, such as Glenn uses them in direct eyeball to eyeball situations (interrupting patterns, flashing an idea directly to the mind, etc.) as well as with remote situations, as in selling something online.

A plan comes after self analysis, and the understanding of where and why...then as we move further to the right, toward the object of our desire, we adjust and overcome obstacles...or avoid the mad dogs of Elm St.

I've found it is often at the intersections, where no scarecrow is present to show us the way...we can ask in our dreams or to our subconscious minds the answers and solutions to our problems.

But then, it all could be just in my imagination too.

Gordon

Thanks, Glenn,

I just watched the whole three part Taylor Swift presentation, which I thought was pretty amazing...

There's no question that Taylor Swift is talented and also kind of a marketing genius, too... as you've pointed out (with examples) in your various articles and emails!

She starts talking about her songwriting about 8 minutes into the first video (Part 1). There are a total of three parts if you want to watch the whole thing...

I also really liked how she shared how she interacted with Max Martin and Shellback, who are also both songwriting and producing geniuses.

I've read an article about Max Martin. He's had so many hits as a songwriter (which other people sing). He's quite a phenomenon. You may never have heard of him. If so, that's because he doesn't toot his own horn.

But, he's been the genius behind so many hits by so many pop music stars... including Britney Spears, "...Baby One More Time" (and many others), Katy Perry, "California Gurls" (and many others), and Lady Gaga, "Stupid Love" (which was just a hit last year)...

The thing about Taylor Swift is that she had her own hits before she hooked up with Max Martin. So she's really a talent independent of him.

On coming up with ideas from dreams...

That's also happened in science... (I also have a science background, which is how I know about this.)

The most famous example I can think of is there's a compound called benzene...

One guy was trying to figure out the chemical structure of benzene.

He was relaxing and had a daydream of a snake eating its own tail...

He came back to full consciousness and thought - Eureka!

It turns out that the structure of benzene is a ring. That discovery was directly inspired by the discoverer's daydream of a snake eating its own tail. So it happens in science, too.

You can read about it here...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Kekul%C3%A9#Kekul%C3%A9's_dream

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Ouroboros-benzene.svg/240px-Ouroboros-benzene.svg.png
I think dreams are important... and not only for inspiration, but also solving any problem, including business problems and marketing problems.

Thanks a lot, Glenn!

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page