Go to the Main Business Forum page

5 years later. The FLY LOW COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5 years later. The FLY LOW COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GordonJ
June 9, 2021, 08:34 AM
wowZA. Five years ago, just before Trump won the nomination, I started a limited series newsletter; THE FLY LOW-COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE.

How did I do? Financially?

With a FREE newsletter?

Gordon

Was it financially worth doing a limited series newsletter?

Good question. In the past 35 years of online money making activity, I've never felt the need nor the desire to throw money around, that is, look at what I've made, with the exception of a specific PRODUCT, like the Headlight Cleaning manual.

Which, did pull in 10 Grand on day one, and went over 25k in the first few weeks of being on the market. Those types of examples. But personal finances, never get into. I don't offer get rich advice. I do offer money making advice and case studies.

So, is the time spent GIVING away knowledge and experience worth it financially?

I say yes.

Way back I had a Blog, a wordpress early days blog; DOOM, GLOOM AND BLISS. And SowPub is now in its 21st year. And all kinds of Automatic Product Vending sites too.

You have heard this 1001 times: the money is in the list.

The list of subscribers to the Update HOTLINE (Fly Low) was just under 200 people. Not a very big list is it.

Yet, it has produced several thousands of dollars from the offers I made within the newsletters and subsequent sales of other offers to those folks too.

At the turn of the century, I had several thousand names on a list, and whittled that down, to where today, we have less than a 1000.

Several years ago, I limited my offers to a few times a year, roughly quarterly, with one holiday issue. I have a very high % of people on my list who buy, simply because at 10 or 15 bux, they know they get value. Although I've been told over and over that my prices are way to low for the quality of info I give.

But, for me, its about TIME. And if I have to do a lot of copy (selling), then it isn't a product I want to sell.

See, I think a decent product at a good price without a lot of selling, just informing them (prospective buyers) that it exists is enough.

A small list. Which has a high % of buyers, at 10 bux X 4 or 5 times per year without a lot of slop, mess, fuss, followup or handholding...is my forte. My wheelhouse. My sweetspot.

And I have no reason to change it up now.

Interesting thing about my buyers, sort of like Jim Straw's when he was cooking with gas (as us old timers would say), most on my lists have the automatic response to my latest. So you can do some math if you want.

But as to the value of the limited series Newsletter. YES, a thousand times over and over YES, YES, YES. It was worth it.

Give it some consideration to add to your income streams, OK?

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page