Go to the Main Business Forum page

Today's rant... about the fire in Colorado... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Today's rant... about the fire in Colorado...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Dien Rice
January 3, 2022, 12:29 AM
Hi Margaret,

I read about that too... That, for example, in New York City they're going to prohibit new buildings from having any natural gas connection at all (https://www.vox.com/2021/12/16/22834653/new-york-gas-ban-buildings-climate-change-gas-stoves), so everyone in those buildings will be forced to use electricity only...

The problem is, for some people, heating in the winter time with only electricity might be expensive... Maybe even too expensive for them to afford!

I dunno... a return to wood-fire heating stoves? (It sounds like Glenn saves a lot of money heating his place with wood!)

However, probably difficult to do for those who live in apartment buildings...

I don't know...

There might be new opportunities here!

(On the plus side, solar electricity efficiency is just getting better and better...)

Margaret, I hope you have a great 2022 too! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Hi, Dien - glad to hear your cousins have escaped the fires in Colorado. Quite scary, though.

We're staying as safe as we can till this virus is put behind bars! However, your post resonated with me for a different reason.

It seems to me that (for many good reasons) there is a movement towards not using fossil fuels to power homes, businesses, vehicles .... a huge list. It does strike me that we might up relying on electricity alone, and then breaks in the supply chain matter hugely. How to prepare for that??

It's a strange old world at the moment!

Wishing all here a great 2022!
Margaret

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page