Go to the Main Business Forum page

The Secret Path Discussion. [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Path Discussion.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

GordonJ
July 6, 2022, 11:02 AM
Guru, wizard...teacher, sensei, master, instructor, professor...Ph.D., Masters, expert...etc., etc.

All just words. They CAN be an instant authority figure, and in business, that is what we seek out.

The experts. Krug chose Wizard and Guru. Just as I chose CULT when I could have used CLUB, in my ancient work; How To Start a Cult for Fun and Profit.

Pert near the same steps, except with Cults gurus first, then followers, and with clubs, maybe an election for leaders??

My point, and the reason I started a thread about SECRET PATH, isn't because it is some great work, although I think it is very good digital product...but it stimulates thinking.

It gives us pause, to ask ourselves how our PROSPECTS see us in the marketplace, and how do customers see us differently from prospects.

When we align our marketing with THEIR minds, and having an avatar can give one INSTANT, and relatable expertise in their minds.

So, several people have just gotten Secret Path, and I would like to expand on it, using it as a baseline for image, avatar, personna...what we put out to the marketplace and how can (maybe) make it more effective by choosing a well crafted, albeit true to self, IMAGE that takes one a long way toward a sale, maybe, it is the tipping point.

I see many Ph.D. types using that as their "wizard/guru" image, which Dien may do when consulting, but we seldom see it here...I think many new members have no idea.

But, Dien, being all ADD and that, wears many hats and each one could be that of a Wizard, a Guru, or pick from any number of authority figure words...

simply choose the one which bests suits the market you are selling to.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I dug up my copy of "The Secret Path" which I hadn't looked at for a while...

First, I've always enjoyed Jimmy Krug's stuff. I bought reprint rights and used several of his reports as bonuses in the past...

The principles at the end are good too...

It's definitely good to be a "wizard" or "guru"... I ought to try it some day... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page