Go to the Main Business Forum page

Part time jobs which paid squat, led me to thousands of dollars. [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Part time jobs which paid squat, led me to thousands of dollars.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Dien Rice
November 14, 2022, 04:44 AM
Hi Gordon,

Wow... there's a lot of great stuff in this thread of yours...

I love hotsheets!

I often use them to "punch up" an offer... Give something extra, something to push someone "over the edge" into wanting to buy...

(And people have told me that they work. They say, "it was your offer of the Blah blah blah special report that pushed me into buying...)

So... they work!

And there's so much more you can do with hotsheets, that I haven't even done yet...

They've become a big part of what I do now...

Thanks for sharing the concept with us! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

The 7 days to a profit, is a snowball thrown from the top, and it gathers speed and grows. Throw a snowball you've kept in cooler from the top of a sand dune on a summer's day, see what will happen.

I would rather throw it down a snow covered hill, than start at the bottom and try to climb up the hill.

What may be at the heart of this all, is a lack of appreciation for growing money, and doing so quickly.

Now, most of you know I've had several good and some really great mentors, and one of the "speed kills the competition" guys was Ben Suarez.

Ben struggled for 6 years on the edge of bankruptcy, trying to build his business, and then, all of a sudden, huge amounts of money came in quickly, tens of thousands of dollars a month. As fast as he could run ads.

And once he found speed, he never looked back.

Some of us, think and believe we too need to spend years of struggle with a zig zag, try this, then try that routine which drives many to the poor house.

The one piece of education for Entrepreneurs seemingly missing, is scaling up, reinvesting, growth, expansion...how to use the profits, no matter how small, to get more and more, bigger and bigger ones.

Anyhow, start small, work fast, build big.

https://blog.adioma.com/make-money-infographics/
Nice blog post on the step by step, good plan of action.

Gordon

Big P.S.

Around the time of this:
https://www.bmyers.com/public/166.cfm

And today, doing it without the expense of paper and ink, is still a pretty nifty template.

Anyhow, I was online and offering NEWSLETTER development services, mostly out of sight, behind the lines, and most of my early clients knew me from my work on the NPGS HOTLINE UPDATE newsletter I did for SCI.

There were a lot of questions about layout, paper, mailing costs, back ends. The NPGS was a back end to the book, 7 STEPS TO FREEDOM II.

So, by participating in all the forums, groups back then, and being a member of several early sites, like BMyers, there was a built in prospect base for my writing services, and my rates were'nt the cheap Gordon you know today. Before I found the low cost, several offers, build a list model...I liked to get a low 4 figures for this work, 2500 to 4500 seemed to be the sweet spot. Although not at liberty to reveal, and never have, always left it up to those who paid me, if they talk, fine...but my lips are sealed...and I think that led to a lot more work too.

Today, many blogs serve the same purpose of those old world printed on paper and mailed newsletters, to get fresh content out.

Although, the newsletter itself is very viable, eh Dien? Dien publishes great newsletters and his Hidden Business is supreme.

Feeling more like sharing about the early days of IM.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page