Go to the Main Business Forum page

Financial Pictogrigm, Money Matters, and that sort of stuff... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Financial Pictogrigm, Money Matters, and that sort of stuff...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gordon Alexander
August 20, 2000, 11:57 AM
Here is the FINANCIAL PICTOGRIGM:

And here is a link to it in a bigger format so you can actually read what it says:

Financial Pictogrigm

And some explanations...

You have sources of money, and you then distribute your money.

If you distribute more than you source, you have debt. Now remember, SQ1 ain't rocket science...it is just another way of looking at things.

There is a list down the left hand side and work is at the top of the list. This is how most people make money or it is the primary source of their finances.

Go down the list a little way to TALENT.

I live across the street from an artist.

She works in stained glass. I saw one of her pieces last week in Peninsula OH, a quaint little town with lots of antique shops and places where the Cuyahoga Valley artisans display their work.

My neighbor’s work was selling for $550.00 for a piece about 8” X 14”. It won’t last long, her stuff doesn’t stay on display very long.

This is another form of CONSIGNMENT as I talked about earlier. Many artists work on Spec (speculation) and create then sell.

Using a CONSIGNMENT way to sell your TALENT is very smart.

The ARTIST wins because she is free to do what she does best, CREATE.

The MERCHANT wins because she gets quality work to sell at NO COST…

And the CUSTOMER wins because they get a one of a kind piece of work to display on their mantle or wall. Like I do with Amber’s egg.

So this example includes 3 pieces from the Financial Pictogrigm (FP)

Work
Talent
JV

Plus this example also is art, collectibles, and chattel, all under ownership.

In the middle of the FP you see a drawing of your future path.

There is an X that marks where you are today. You could be in either Abundance or Need, or somewhere in between.

Note that the path has a fork in it, which indicates a choice, your choice about which path you want to take.

If you choose the upper path you will see that is a result of YOU HAPPENING TO LIFE…

To land in the pit, the bottom of the barrel, well, that takes just the opposite action (or inaction) and that is LETTING LIFE HAPPEN TO YOU.

Even people who walk the path of Abundance can trip and fall down into the pit of need, I know, been there done that myself.

But there is a bridge that you can catch on too as you fall, or if you are in the pit, you can throw a rope up and climb out of the pit to the bridge of KNOWLEDGE.

Take a look at the list of sources again and on the bottom you will see PROPRIETARY properties.

Harvey Brody uses this source and a TOLL position to create wealth. He sources as much money in a day as most people do in a YEAR.

Which is why I’m trying to convince Harvey to share his techniques with us deserving people.

But you see these can be patents, copyrights, formulas, processes and KNOWLEDGE….

Look up to the right hand corner. See TOLLS.

That is what Harvey Brody uses and teaches. Get a TOLL position.

Some of these are on the FP, royalty, residuals, subscription, syndication.

Now, back to the list and we’re almost done for today.

Look under business…which is under ownership…and you will see Joint Ventures.

I think this may be for many of you the most important part of the FP.

I believe in multiple streams of income. I believe in cash transactions. I believe in Joint Ventures.

Do I practice what I teach? Fair question.

I have a JV with Dien Rice for sowpub. I have a JV with Mike Winicki for audio programs. I do JV’s with my brothers on cars and the occasional big chattel item.
I’m working on a JV for a couple of my books, as I’ve listed below.

I don’t work collectibles, but I do collect, and these are easily converted to cash if needed. Dien saw a few of the collections, he sat in a red mohair chair from pre 1920…Dien, you probably had no idea what that was worth do you?

I write and intend to have ROYALTY income from these writings. If I ever decide to bring out the Winged Wedge 222 it will produce a royalty income (but much higher than I was offered previously)…I am acquiring copyrights from other people, mostly old books, but I can’t say much, believe it or not, there really are marketers who will steal your stuff. OH Well.

My point? Yes, I do practice what I teach. I don’t make a big deal about my side of things.

How do you initiate a JV? The first thing is to actually write out how the CUSTOMER is going to benefit. How is the final user going to WIN.

Then, how is your JV partner going to WIN,

And finally, how are you going to WIN.

On the FP this is the rule in the upper right hand corner.

GIVE then GET.

SOW then HARVEST.

Serve then RECEIVE.

Now, we will be taking this kind of posting behind closed doors to a members only forum.

It will be FREE, sort of. The cost to get a password is a commitment to participate, no lurkers allowed.

Now with the FP to look at…check out the POA and the DOL…

See if you can tie them together…

http://www.sowpub.com/gordon/sq1life.JPG

This is the DIAGRIGM OF LIFE.

http://www.sowpub.com/gordon/poa.jpg

And the Pyramid of Accomplishment.

So set a financial goal for one year. Can you go to belief?

Use the Financial Pictogrigm to help you locate a way to reach your goal.

What SOURCES will you be using? What resources do you already have? What WIN/WIN/WIN ventures can you create?

If you have any questions, please post them here.

Before I wrap this up, here is Michael Ross’s challenge:

“Imagine this... you are out of work, have no money coming in whatsoever
and cannot get any on credit cards or in any other way. You are too
proud to go on welfare, have no products to sell, no customer list,
refuse to get money selling your body for sex, refuse to get a job
working for someone else for a wage and you refuse to sell any of your
possessions. Knowing what you know now, who you know now and having the
resources you currently have at your disposal, what would you do to get
yourself back on your feet before you ran out of money?

You only have $1,000 left.”

I’ll have my answer next week.

In the meantime, go ahead and post yours, there is NO right or NO wrong.

Just a way WE can share our thoughts and feelings on this subject and maybe learn a thing or two also.

When you start to see the whole SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS program put together, it is like a puzzle, at first you can’t see it, then as a new piece is added, it starts getting clearer.

Spend a few minutes and plug your FINANCIAL GOALS into the POA and ask the DOL what you have to do to make it happen.

I think you will find the answer interesting.

Thanks for reading.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page