Go to the Main Business Forum page

The PictoGrigm of Past Experiences...for many the most important of the 12 master PictoGrigms... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The PictoGrigm of Past Experiences...for many the most important of the 12 master PictoGrigms...

Pages : [1] 2

Gordon Alexander
August 22, 2000, 08:56 PM
Here is the PictoGrigm of Past Experiences, and I'll explain it below.

The Past.

This shows where most of our beliefs originated.

It has the 5 paths on the left hand side, from top to bottom, just as they are represented on all the pictogrigms.

It shows your childhood. And within this time, where the concepts came from, concepts that may still be shaping and influencing your life without you even knowing about them.

So, start at the bottom, and on a piece of paper make a "mind map" if you want, or just answer the questions.

I like to use CRAYONS...especially when doing the child part...

Dien likes Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiosagyi and this pictogrigm SHOWS some of the concepts that are in the book.

Take finances. What did you learn in your early childhood...

"money doesn't grow on trees"
"we can't afford that"
"save your money for a rainy day"

On and on. But what was the general feeling toward money that you were subjected to in your childhood? Can you clearly identify them?

Do you remember what you were taught by way of modeling? Did you live in abundance or in need?

This early period of your life exerts powerful influences upon your whole journey, and most of the time without your conscious awareness.

Then go up the ladder.

Where did you live? Geographical and environmental? What were your surroundings?

Do this for each of the 5 paths.

Then move into your adolescence.

Did you change groups? What were you involved with? How did you challenge the concepts of childhood?

For some people all this self-examination is difficult, and many feel unnecessary. I disagree.

You don't have to bring along the emotions of these time periods, and you shouldn't, just write them out objectively, as if you were talking about someone else.

Then get to NOW. Your adulthood.

And answer those TOUGH questions.

This gives you a pretty clear picture of where you are AT and where you have been.

It is your past.

Now look to the right of the Pictogrigm and you see blank spaces under your future.

On all the PictoGrigms, movement is from the left to the right. As if you were on a stage, and the left was your birth, and on the right of the stage (from the audience, that is what you are doing now, watching your life as it WAS) is your destiny...

Which completes the circle...and of course raises the question...

What do you want your FUTURE to be? and Why?

On the DOL, you see the path of least resistance, and the pain/pleasure continuum also....

What payoff are you seeking? What will the manifestation of the experience do for you? How does it impact your life.

Now, for people who lack confidence and procrastinate, and that is ALL of us at one time or another...it is as probably close to a universal human experience as WE get...

I advise people to carefully study this pictogrigm. Take one path a night and one hour and write down all you think you know about these time periods.

I like to break them up from 1 to 5 years of age...5 to 8...8 to 12...12 up to 18...

and then over 18...

Make a stick figure on the path (lifeline) and then below and above just write down words that describe how you remember these time periods in relation to the path you are working on...

The object of doing the PAST...is so you have a clear understanding or what has brought you to this point...

and how the mind/body connection has prevented you from seriously persuing your goals, or to even identify them.

I have a friend that got depressed at 33. She was never going to be a Prima ballerina. 33 was just too late to make it.

OH, but the fact was, she

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.