Go to the Main Business Forum page

Changing my posting name.... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Changing my posting name....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jim Kaiser
September 13, 2006, 09:05 PM
Okay, after a few glasses of wine tonight I've decided that I probably shouldn't be posting some of the stuff that I do with my real name.

I know, that sounds a little tacky, but understand that I've got more than a couple of employees and customers that know my name and the last thing I want is for them to read something I've posted and try to somehow use it against me.

I've been posting online for quite a few years in various forums and have always used my real name and given out my address and phone number whenever needed.

Earlier today, it finally got back to me. I'm not going to get into details other than to say that I've opened up here on SOWpub more than I have on any other forum.

Against my better judgment, I've stated actual earnings from businesses that I own here when I probably shouldn't have. At the same time, I've never actually mentioned the names of my businesses.

I don't mind doing that, but I don't want my customers or employees to be able to simply google my name and see details that they shouldn't see.

From here on out, I will be going by James Anthony (my middle name)

I hope that everyone here understands my decision and the reasons for it. It will allow me to be a bit more open about the things I do without worrying about who sees it.

Jim, er... James Anthony

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page