Go to the Main Business Forum page

Gold Mine in Bedroom Drawers & Who knows where else? Chattel Invest Twist Golden OPP! [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gold Mine in Bedroom Drawers & Who knows where else? Chattel Invest Twist Golden OPP!

Pages : 1 [2]

Ankesh
September 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks Phil for talking about Gold.

I'm not sure if schemes like these are everywhere in the world. But in India - most people buy gold in lottery systems.

Because most mid income families in India can't afford to buy whole gold biscuits, what they do is open a club of 12 people. And every month all of these people pool in their money to buy a gold biscuit. Each one has to pay just 1/12th the money every month - which is quite affordable.

And every month - they pick out a name from a hat. That person gets to take that gold biscuit home. In a year - every one ends up getting their hands on 1 gold biscuit.

And everyone also ends up paying the same 12-month-averaged amount for their gold. So they are relatively safe from short term increase or decrease in prices.

(If you want to invest in 2 gold biscuits a year, you join 2 such clubs.)

I think this is a great model of investment. There are such investment clubs for stocks. But with stocks - there is a problem of deciding which stocks to buy and sell. With gold - there is no decision problem.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page