Go to the Main Business Forum page

If I showed you a way to make a dollar, would you give me back a quarter? [Archive] - Page 23 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If I showed you a way to make a dollar, would you give me back a quarter?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

-TW
October 4, 2006, 09:02 PM
But if we're talking cost, online advertising is cheaper than offline.

ImpactYourArea.com (http://www.ImpactYourArea.com)

What do you mean by 'cheaper?'

Are you talking (raw) cost... or value(ROI)?

If you're talking cost, then yes.

Vaulue? No, web mrktng is not 'cheaper.'

Here's a question I ask small biz owners sometimes...

"Which is a better form of marketing:

1) A free or almost free method that produces a profit of $30,000

or

2) A method that costs $50,000 and produces a profit of $900,000?

Hint: the answer is NOT "depends if you have the $50,000 in the first place."

John Reese is an online marketing guru. His most famous product is "Traffic Secrets." He is a BRILLIANT marketer. The product launch for "Traffic Secrets" of LEGENDARY. He did all the marketing ONline. He covered ***ALL*** the bases in terms of ONline mrktng! The product is something that almost ANYONE with a website could benefit from (and that's EVERYone!).

When the 'big' launch day came (and remember he did everything RIGHT + BRILLIANTLY) -- he sold..............

1,000 copies.

Yes, it was $1,000,000 (gross) in one day.

It was considered a legendary success!

Now... bring those figures to anyone at, say, Gunthy-Renker, and they will laugh their heads off!

1,000 orders is the same (statistically) as NO ORDERS AT ALL!

It is chump change.

Cheers!

-- TW

PS: your mugs are a great way of marketing precisely BECAUSE they are an INTRUSIVE form of mrtkng. And.... for every ONE customer you get via ONline methods, I can show you 10,000 truly QUALIFIED potential customers who you will NEVER be able to reach via ONline methods. Why? Because your online methods are not REACHING anyone, in essence. The net/web is not set up to allow you to REACH potential customers. And who reaches whom is the most improtant part of marketing.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page