Go to the Main Business Forum page

free golf lessons for WOMEN [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : free golf lessons for WOMEN

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GordonJ
October 9, 2006, 11:41 AM
We have several executive courses in the area, one has LIGHTS.

And they all have HOSTED Singles Night/day on the Golf Course.

Two gals play 3 holes with TWO guys, then they continue with 2 NEW guys, the guys just wait at the tee for the next foursome...and it continues this way. And then afteward there is a little mixer cookout type of thing.

Good for CURRENT golfers. NOT so good for beginner's. I used to hold a SINGLES night for beginner's at my golf shop. Usually do a little seminar or workshop on HOW great golf is for contacts...then we'd do a little mixer...and I sold custom made clubs too.

The other thing is to have a driving or practice range HOST the event, all they want is the bux for the buckets of balls...and that way you could do a group lesson...and/or what I used to do is offer a FREE video of their current golf swing...or the first lesson.

MY students kept the video, although I actually kept them in the shop until they had advanced enough to take them home. This gave them something to study at home...and something to bring back to the shop.

What exactly you are trying to do will dictate the approach. IF you are selling a brand or have a good source, then a custom fitting might be a good way to bring em in.

Hope this helps a little.

G. JAY Alexander (the Geezer Golfer)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page