Go to the Main Business Forum page

Should I fire my client? [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Should I fire my client?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

Larry Foster
October 12, 2006, 03:06 PM
Everyone.
Thanks for all the great responses. I knew this was the place to post this question.
I'll try to clarify in the order of the posts since I feel my initial post was too brief.
Strange1.
We are about 40 miles from the closest metro area (Pittsburgh) and the population of the town is about 5000. We have no high end restaurants or hotels. We do have doctors and attorneys. I can't see the local attorneys using a service like this and many of the doctors here do not take new patients. If anyone can tell me the secret to getting a CPA to return a call, I'm on the second one who won't, even though he sat at my kitchen table and promised that wouldn't be a problem.
Jason.
I have explained the benefits to him and his competitors are either large chains or affiliated with a large "branded" grocery.
I offered him something that neither of them have and the opportunity to get a leg up on them.
I understand about the bag stuffers, but he won't even post flyers in his store or put it on his register tapes.
And won't let me, either.
He did say at one point that he could have his web site address printed on his bags.
I suggested that he post one near his checkout, but he doesn't want anyone reading anything there. He wants to move them through. I'm not sure why he has the magazines like the National Enquirer there if he doesn't want anyone reading.
Initially, I "educated" him about what could be accomplished.
One thing that may be a factor is that since he isn't much of a web person, he isn't convinced that up to 80% of his customers may have email.
Not sure if he's doing this as a favor. And as far as free, he has asked for a bill. But I told him my offer was to do this so that I could use this an an example of what I can do.
Ankesh, I looked at Andy Frain's stuff at one time. It was kind of interesting. I even subscribed to his membership for a while but, as I recall, it was more for the right to use a software than about marketing.
Phil and Steve, thanks for your input, too.
I'll post some ideas separately if anyone has any additional comments about them
Thanks
Larry

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page