Go to the Main Business Forum page

Sticky Question that Needs a Great Response [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Question that Needs a Great Response

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Don Alm
October 14, 2006, 09:25 PM
..."ANSWER the question BEFORE it is asked!"

By that I mean...when you are explaining your "How To" service that you do, give them 1 or 2 "Behind The Scenes"..."Inside Info" Tips....to provide potential clients with "CONCRETE EVIDENCE that YOU...KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! PROOF! Right before their very eyes!

Then...while you have them "mesmerized" and "in the palm of your hand as THE person to provide this "How To" service...tell them that your OTHER Methods and Techniques are contained in your "How To Service".

You are trying to do 2 things;
1) PROVE that you know your stuff
2) Head off the question you KNOW is coming by answering it FIRST; "All of my "Inside Info", "How To Stuff" is contained in my "Service".

It's one thing to "say" you are qualified and an "expert" and can do the "How To"....it's another to PROVE IT by giving them a "taste" of what you do. I'm sure you can let out 1 or 2 tidbits without "spilling all your candy in the lobby"!

This technique gets them "eating out of your hand"....WANTING to PAY YOU for the "other stuff" you know.

This is also called a..."DEMONSTRATION" of your abilities or knowledge. By "letting a little of the cat out of the bag" you CONVINCE them that you know what you are doing.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page