Go to the Main Business Forum page

Wife Threatens Divorce-Must Sell 200K Astin Martin [Archive] - Page 17 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wife Threatens Divorce-Must Sell 200K Astin Martin

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

SteveSki
October 16, 2006, 09:19 AM
Dear Steve,

Thanks.

I really admire your house sign biz. And the headline you used to get dozens and dozens of Dog Photo leads. Without paying a dime. What part of Australia did you move to?

Hi Glenn, I moved to the Coral Coast area of Australia’s Southern most tip of the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland.
It’s about a five hour drive north of Brisbane along the east coast.

I helped Guide Dogs for the blind here raise money to train more Seeing Eye Guide Dogs with my pet photography but I don't photograph pets in volume anymore like I use to because of discovering a better way to skin a cat!

Remember when ebay banned your “Naked Photographer” headline?

I’ve been the only male at several “Hen’s Night Out Portrait Parties” lately but the wife doesn’t want to let me do those anymore. Mostly because we can make more in less time with less stress by staying home and doing a single one hour photo shoot. There is a woman who calls herself Shuttermom who is selling a Portrait Party Operations Manual on her website for $995 and people are excited because some have made $1,000 doing a portrait party. No thank you. My wife and I have developed a better way to capture good looks on film and earn more money with less work. But that doesn’t stop us from looking for even better ways. We decided to combine our talents together and we came up with "Antique Style Glamour Photography” (Check out our ebay store). Below is our most recent failure. This ad came out a week ago in a local coupon book. It cost us $369 and it was delivered to over 24,000 homes in our area.

So far we have only gotten 3 bookings from it and I think it’s only attracting the freebie seekers.
One buyer out of the 3 will more than pay for the ad but so far I consider this ad to be a complete waste of our time and dollars. But it pays to keep on testing.

Today using my Marketing System for Pet Photography tweaked up a bit and applied to our Antique Style Glamour Portraits I was able to book 7 sessions in less than 2 hours. Way more effective than the $369 ad and it didn’t cost us a dime in advertising.

Most of the other offers in the booklet our ad is in only offer a 5 – 10% off discount on purchases so we thought this ad would work well but so far it’s not working for us. Thank God for my no cost lead generator. That one single marketing tactic is responsible for 80% of our results! The rest of our business comes from referrals. Less than 1% comes from all the print media ads we have used combined.

My wife and I are spoiled now because instead of travelling to set up our equipment at different locations each day and handling a bunch of yapping mutts for 8 – 12 hours a day we get to stay home and do 2 or 3 one hour Antique Style Photo Shoots in the comfort of our own living room.

Not only is it more relaxed, fun and easier to shoot photos this way but it’s also more profitable than doing pets. I still brag in my ebay pet photo auction about how I made a little over $5200 on a weekend pet photography shoot but that was shooting non stop from 9am – 10 pm for two days. High profits but also high stress. Now my wife and I have discovered a better, more glamorous way.

I’m still searching for a lower cost more effective way to flood a photo studio with clients and for over a year have been offering a $5,000 Cash Reward to anyone who can show us how but so far nothing else comes close to my Automatic Photo Lead System!

If anyone on SOW has any ideas of how to make a print ad for photography work I’d appreciate hearing from you. There may be a $5,000 reward in it for you.

Cheers,

Steve Shulenski
http://stores.ebay.com/MoneyMakingPhotography

http://images.andale.com/f2/105/106/22501366/2006/10/16/Publication1.jpg

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page