Go to the Main Business Forum page

The ANTI Manifesto for Internet Wannabees...OR, do you really want to walk around in [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The ANTI Manifesto for Internet Wannabees...OR, do you really want to walk around in

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sandi Bowman
October 20, 2006, 06:04 PM
Gordon, you're not alone in collecting misc writings you've done. I had file cabinets (yes, plural) full of them until I had a brainstorm one day. All those little 'what do I do with this' stuff turned into welcomed gifts for children at the holidays or birthdays. Just type out nicely on colored paper, add some stickers for decoration, or use a template or stationary with designs, bind with ribbon or (leather laces for the guys) and you have a nice little gift. So much for my travel, kids poetry, and simple stories.

Now, what to do with all the rest? Wish I knew! Anyone want to co-op on some great story beginnings with plot and ending...but no middle? I have a ton of them left after throwing jillions out.

Nature and floods took care of some of my priceless? childhood writings. Sigh. Some of them would've come in handy for a current long-term project. Dang!

An idea to thin the piles: sort them into 'keep because...just because.', I'm not sure but maybe...and it just doesn't matter any more. Discard the doesn't matter pile, set the not sure aside for six months then review again, and set up a filing system for the keepers.

The filing system is important...by topic, even if it's fiction, because I've often found that bits and pieces of them can be combined and become commercially viable writings or added to mini-hotsheets to help sell some of that chattel.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page