Go to the Main Business Forum page

Here's a "Marketing Tool" to use NOW! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's a "Marketing Tool" to use NOW!

Don Alm
October 30, 2006, 12:19 AM
For anyone who owns or knows the owners of local retail and service businesses. In fact, THIS will even work for Professionals like Accountants or even Doctors or Dentists.

It has to do with acquiring "NEW"....CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS or PATIENTS.

This was done by a jewelry store owner whose business was downtown and the franchise stores in the Mall were getting most of the jewelry business.

He HAD TO come up with a way to get "Christmas Gift" business...otherwise he'd have to shut down after the 1st of the year.

Here's what he did;

He made up a nice looking "$50 Gift Certificate" and sent it to local business owners, along with a letter explaining that they could use these as "Christmas Bonuses" and that they were good for 50 bux on anything in his jewelry store. They could have one Gift Cert for every employee.

This would make them, as employers....look "Good" to their employees....and it wouldn't cost them a dime.

So...many of the employers receiving this offer...took him up on his deal and ordered Certs for all their employees.

He sent out about 2500 Certs....and....after the dust settled, he had done over a million bux worth of retail business.

Sure...some people bought a $50 charm or costume jewelry piece.... BUT....others bought items costing a few thousand.

This one "Marketing" technique put this jeweler back in biz. I don't know if he's still using this but...

....a $25 or $50 Gift Cert given to employees by their bosses.... COULD bring in LOTS of biz for retail or service businesses....even Doctors or Dentists.

One dentist, who was a "regular" client when I was doing a "Val Pak" type mailing of discount coupons....wanted me to send out a Special Mailing to local homeowners....offering a $25 discount off any Dental Service.

I changed his mind and helped him write a Special Sales Letter to local employers....offering a FREE TEETH CLEANING to their employees as a "Special Christmas Bonus". I'm not sure if he's going to go thru with it BUT, I would venture to say he would get LOTS of takers AND...I think many who got the free cleaning would use him to do any dental work they needed.

But RIGHT NOW....is the best time to try this.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page