Go to the Main Business Forum page

Glitch, Dien.... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Glitch, Dien....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Dien Rice
September 2, 2006, 08:05 AM
I tried to do a post. Had it all done, tried to post it. It came up with a message saying "Sandi Bowman username is already in use. If you are...etc...and forgot your password, click here.' I went up to the top right and filled in to login (I thought I read somewhere you didn't have to login?) and it threw me out of the forum. Just went to a blank page with done in the lower left corner. Think I lost the post when it did that.

Hi Sandi,

I understand why this glitch happened now...

You can post without being registered or logging in, but the "catch" is if you do so, you can't use the username of a "registered member".

That means, if you want to post under the same name you use as a member, then you have to log in - or alternatively, you have to modify your name slightly to post without logging in (eg. "Sandi Bowman." - the "period" at the end is sufficient to make it different!)

In a way, this is "good" - since no-one can "impersonate" your registered name as long as they don't know your password! On the other hand, it's a little bit of a hassle having to log in if you want to use that name...

My best suggestion right now - if you can't be bothered logging in - just add a "period" (or some other small character) to the end of your name and post that way!

Anyone have any other good suggestions regarding this?

Thanks,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page