Go to the Main Business Forum page

Anything EXCITING happening yet? YAAWN! [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anything EXCITING happening yet? YAAWN!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Sandi Bowman
November 6, 2006, 05:48 PM
Hi, Woody,

Thanks for the article. A bit of a different take on some colors than other authorities I've read but interesting nonetheless.

The colors that are successful in business depends upon the goal and the audience. For example, everyone says that black is sophisticated but, to some folks, it could also represent evil so, using a black background on a site may or may not positively influence the viewer.

A more useful application of black for sophistication might be the use of black toned other colors such as deep burgundy or navy blue. These are often used to give 'weight' to a site and make what is presented seem to be more substantial in the mind of the viewer.

Most folks believe gold to be a positive influence on folks but don't be too sure of that. To some folks it speaks of pretense and dishonesty! You also have to be careful of the shade or tone of the gold. If it leans toward the mustard side of the spectrum, you should be aware that mustard is an almost universally hated color...it's at the bottom of every preference list I've ever seen.

The best color for something depends a lot on what that something is. A pink sweater may be fine but a pink car leads one into emotionally dangerous territory. That is one reason why going with the colors one likes can backfire. I love some pink shades but I'd no sooner put them on a business site than I would paint it all chartreuse (another unpopular color with the majority).

There's some food for thought.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page