Go to the Main Business Forum page

I'm no lady:o) [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm no lady:o)

Andrew Laing
April 26, 2002, 11:36 AM
Gordon

I know that this was directed to our female colleagues so I hope that they (and yourself) are not offended if I make a comment to your very interesting question.

Each of the ladies that you mention have firmly stamped their identity on the Internet in their own distinctive ways.

In addition I have had the priviledge of working with at least one of these ladies and many others both currently online and in the past and found that they are less likely to talk or simply dream of success but they actually do something about it with sheer hard work and dedication.

Perhaps this is a result of some of the experiences that they have encountered offline in the corporate world, but whatever it is, it sets them apart from their male counterparts.

As a male I might be naively ignorant about a glass ceiling on the Internet, but I would like to think that ladies have an equal taste of Internet success and that skill and knowledge overides gender bias.

Monique and Linda earned their success on merit alone, as do many of their equally successful male colleagues because they have the relevant knowledge and expertise.

There are a number of high profile female marketers and designers who are sharing equal success, again based purely on their level of knowledge and skills.

Offline, in France this week, there have been terrible scenes as the National Front party have attracted a record number of votes.

If they win the election then people will be judged by their skin colour and discriminated against.

I find this abhorrent.

I would like to think that at least on the Internet within our peer group people won't be judged by the colour of their skin, their gender, their sexual preference, their background or their appearance in general.

Providing that they have the relevant skills and knowledge there should not be any discrimination or restriction in any way.

I am interested in reading a females point of view and seeing how they feel.

Once again, I hope that nobody minds that I have made this post and I sincerely hope that I haven't been naively oblivious to any discrimination.

Best wishes

Andrew Laing

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page